Catch and Release - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catch and Release Reviews

½ September 16, 2016
i stopped watching after the kiss. i'm not dealing with their dysfunctional relationship. I'd rather watch a movie about Sam and Dennis.
½ August 5, 2016
Ok I gotta say the best part of this movie was watching Kevin Smith the rest was just forced and hard to watch....very predictable and VERY cheesy and well just plain dull.
½ June 27, 2016
I hate Jennifer Garner.  Really.  Can't stand her.  But I liked this movie.  It's a simple love story with some twists and turns.  But I guess the road to love never really is a straight line, is it?  After the death of her fiancé, Gray (Garner) reevaluates her life and finds out about her fiancé's child from another woman.  Along the way she falls in love with Fritz (Timothy Olyphant).  I've always found Olyphant to be incredibly sexy but he usually plays really sleazy characters.  In this flick he was great.  He shows that he can play more than sleazy characters.  Kevin Smith is hilarious in this flick giving words of wisdom throughout from Celestial Seasonings Tea (incidentally his job is to procure quotes for the tea).  This is one I did want to see in the theater and I'm glad I saw it on the plane.  Recommended.
March 19, 2016
This is a great love story.
February 7, 2016
A classic predictable love story.
½ January 4, 2016
A romantic love story. Scenery excellent.
½ December 30, 2015
Slow, dull, uninteresting and boring.
½ October 22, 2015
reminiscent of the Big Chill and just as painful to watch.
½ September 21, 2015
Timothy Olyphant is the only reason to watch this movie. He is a stand out.
September 15, 2015
Maybe it is Timothy Olyphant.... but I love this movie as oddly premised as it is.
August 11, 2015
I just can't get past Jennifer Garners duck face!
August 10, 2015
Just a boring movie and not funny at all. I had high hopes, but it just drags and is all over the place. A romantic comedy where the romance is dead after the couple hook up. It's too bad because I really like Timothy Oliphant, but he couldn't save this dead fish.
April 6, 2015
3rd star was because of Kevin Smith.
½ March 14, 2015
It has the usual, basic rom-com flavor with likable charms and having some amount of comedy being used as to fulfill the enjoyments of those outside the target audience, but there are some evidence that it has a nice touch with the titular ideology being expressed as the main point of that. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ February 17, 2015
Liked the movie very much...I imagined myself in her shoes...
January 19, 2015
An alright movie. The plot was subpar as well as the acting. The ending was the best part.
January 16, 2015
It has a cast full of people I always enjoy, yet this isn't my cup of tea. Had to pass. Hopefully someone, somewhere, loves it.
September 1, 2014
Nope, don't like it.
August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)