Cell Reviews

• 22h ago

Stephen King was on screenplay duties so of course the film had an extended run time that deserved an intermission. This aside, this post-apoclayptic flick is worth a watch just for the gory intro and the convincable suspense interwoven through the picture. Plus John Cusack plays a comic book artist? Love for the culture! Yeah, the ending was a little rushed as, but if that pace for the final moments would have been induced in the more slower scenes in this film (and if some of the explosions weren't so low budget) - this would have been perfect. Though despite the small mistakes, Cell is another example that Stephen King film adaptations that were released during the 2010's are more entertaining than any King stories that made it from script to screen in the past - yes and that includes the snorefest that was The Shining, R.I.P. Kubrick.

• Aug 07, 2019

Horrible adaptation of a good Book. The Ending made it even worse. S. Jackson can´t save this trainwreck of a Movie

• Jun 29, 2019

This movie was creepy in the sense that if cell phone towers could be hacked and a signal sent out like that....what if?

• Jun 18, 2019

I'm not sure what to think of Cell. It's amateurish at spots but it has great actors and some good zombie sequences

• Apr 10, 2019

watched this... horrible horrible.... horrible mistake... now I want my wasted time back so I can waste it somewhere else. its so bad I wish I could just unwatch it or forget completely about it.

• Feb 17, 2019

Rotten tomatoes can fuck them selves and their mothers. Cell is a great movie with a very unique way of showing horror mixed with the apocalypse as well as having a different type of zombie film we never seen before. The zombies are not just a horde of zombies but a family of zombies that works in unique ways with one of them being telepathic.

• Oct 27, 2018

Weird movie. The story makes absolutely no sense and the acting is just plain bad. I was confused about everything from the zombies to the apocalypse and the entire cell phone concept. I'm not sure what the movie was hoping to achieve but it definitely didn't get there as Cell is a terrible waste of time.

• Sep 30, 2018

I'm a sucker for zombie movies and Stephen King, but this was just OK. Good concept.

• Aug 26, 2018

From the standpoint of contemporary zombie movies, as ubiquitous "action flick", it's certainly a good watch. Approaching it as another story within the "zombie movie/TV universe it's a solid installment. However... I think George Romero would have appreciated the contemporary metaphor, warts and all. It's seemingly heavy handed, no doubt; the flaws and tropes are certainly there if one chooses go looking for them. Nevertheless, it does speak to contemporary concerns (to state those concerns would be to give the whole thing away) in the same way that Romero's movies spoke to the concerns of his day. I don't have to expect the same level of subtle social commentary George Romero imbued his zombie movies with. That's just not fair. I do respect this valiant and, yes, successful homage to his legacy, though. Stephen King's screenplay appears to be a valiant homage to George Romero's legacy and worthy of a screening.

• Aug 25, 2018

As a movie the acting is kinda bland and weird, not really sure how to describe it. But if you like zombie movies you should watch this.