Chalet Girl Reviews

• May 28, 2018

Meh, feels like an adult version of a Disney TV movie.

Meh, feels like an adult version of a Disney TV movie.

• Mar 02, 2018

Enjoyable British Rom com starring Felicity Jones as a girl working in a fast food restaurant and gets the chance to go to Austria to work in a ski lodge and serve the rich. she learns how to snowboard in the process and falls in Love with the owner of the chalets son. great British cast including Bill Nighy and Bill Bailey. Funny.throughout and well worth a watch! Great performance from Felicity Jones

• Apr 24, 2017

With Felicity Jones's charming and beautiful performance, Chalet Girl turns out to be a pretty good hero's journey movie, even when it is obviously predictable and has pretty much nothing original.

• Mar 23, 2017

I very much enjoy British movies and this is a particularly good one. Felicity Jones is as charming as ever and in a role totally different from what we have seen so far. Her snowboarding skills are impressive too although most of the stunts probably were done by a stunt woman. "Chalet Girl" is a charming movie about a young girl who like some of us struggles with life until a big opportunity presents itself. Once Kim is out in Austria the movie starts. This movie is a rather a TV-movie made for a quiet day at home with your family than for the big screen and that is exactly how it feels and that is good. And while there is no major tension or excitement the movie still doesn't disappoint. The charm and quirkiness of all the characters makes this so enjoyable to watch. Especially the German and Austrian actors have some funny one liners and make the feel genuine. I really got the feeling of a real skiing holiday while watching this movie and it made want to put on mine. The fact that most things feel so authentic and are exactly like they are on real ski-runs makes the movie even better. Long story short "Chalet Girl" is lovely movie about skiing and having fun and just being yourself.

• Mar 09, 2017

Hoping for a better job and pay, instead she discovered herself. I think it was a much better film. I just wanted a good entertainment and I got that. Though the story is not fresh enough. In fact, it is comparable to the recent sports-biopic, I mean that came much later to this, 'Eddie the Eagle'. Looks even the filmed location was same. Quite similar theme when it comes to the sporting events, but there's a wide gap on how it was played and by whom. From the director of 'All about Steve'. Firstly, it was a sport film and then romance attached to it in the required opening slot. So pretty inspiring to focus on something in our life to reach the heights. There's no shortcuts, it's always a hard work. In the film, that concept was funnily told. Encountering a new world, and discovering new things. It includes friendship, love and dedication in what one believes in. Great cast, except the love interest of Felicity Jones. He wasn't bad, but the chemistry did not work, even in the short span of their romance in the tale. Anyway, the romance parts were too cliché, but neglectable as it has little value. Because there are other reasons to like the film. The stunts are not extraordinary, just simple and realistic. The film will work for most of the people if they're not expecting too much. This is not some chick flick, a better film than that. 6.5/10

• Jan 15, 2017

It's kind of amazing how nonsensical a very simple story can be.

It's kind of amazing how nonsensical a very simple story can be.

• Jul 10, 2016

Good, fun, funny, rom-com.

Good, fun, funny, rom-com.

• Jun 26, 2016

It's predictable, but it was funny and Felicity Jones is charming.

It's predictable, but it was funny and Felicity Jones is charming.

• Dec 30, 2015

Dirty Dancing meets Bend It Like Beckham with snowboards, starring beautiful English rose Felicity Jones as a poor London girl who takes a job as hired help at a ski chalet, where in-between being in the service of a bunch of posh twats she practices snowboarding for an upcoming contest. Though the script is turgid, predictable and quite irresponsible, the film succeeds where it needs to, where Felicity Jones rises above all the dross with a shining leading performance which put her on the showbiz map. It's just a shame that the script called for her character to spending way too much time chasing a tedious pretty boy who doesn't deserve her.

• Jun 23, 2015

Maybe cliched but entertaining. Good fun for a chilled out evening at home !

Maybe cliched but entertaining. Good fun for a chilled out evening at home !