Chalet Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chalet Girl Reviews

½ March 24, 2017
I very much enjoy British movies and this is a particularly good one.
Felicity Jones is as charming as ever and in a role totally different from what we have seen so far. Her snowboarding skills are impressive too although most of the stunts probably were done by a stunt woman.
"Chalet Girl" is a charming movie about a young girl who like some of us struggles with life until a big opportunity presents itself.
Once Kim is out in Austria the movie starts.
This movie is a rather a TV-movie made for a quiet day at home with your family than for the big screen and that is exactly how it feels and that is good. And while there is no major tension or excitement the movie still doesn't disappoint.
The charm and quirkiness of all the characters makes this so enjoyable to watch. Especially the German and Austrian actors have some funny one liners and make the feel genuine.
I really got the feeling of a real skiing holiday while watching this movie and it made want to put on mine. The fact that most things feel so authentic and are exactly like they are on real ski-runs makes the movie even better.
Long story short "Chalet Girl" is lovely movie about skiing and having fun and just being yourself.
½ March 9, 2017
Hoping for a better job and pay, instead she discovered herself.

I think it was a much better film. I just wanted a good entertainment and I got that. Though the story is not fresh enough. In fact, it is comparable to the recent sports-biopic, I mean that came much later to this, 'Eddie the Eagle'. Looks even the filmed location was same. Quite similar theme when it comes to the sporting events, but there's a wide gap on how it was played and by whom.

From the director of 'All about Steve'. Firstly, it was a sport film and then romance attached to it in the required opening slot. So pretty inspiring to focus on something in our life to reach the heights. There's no shortcuts, it's always a hard work. In the film, that concept was funnily told. Encountering a new world, and discovering new things. It includes friendship, love and dedication in what one believes in.

Great cast, except the love interest of Felicity Jones. He wasn't bad, but the chemistry did not work, even in the short span of their romance in the tale. Anyway, the romance parts were too cliché, but neglectable as it has little value. Because there are other reasons to like the film. The stunts are not extraordinary, just simple and realistic. The film will work for most of the people if they're not expecting too much. This is not some chick flick, a better film than that.

6.5/10
January 15, 2017
It's kind of amazing how nonsensical a very simple story can be.
½ July 10, 2016
Good, fun, funny, rom-com.
June 26, 2016
It's predictable, but it was funny and Felicity Jones is charming.
½ December 30, 2015
Dirty Dancing meets Bend It Like Beckham with snowboards, starring beautiful English rose Felicity Jones as a poor London girl who takes a job as hired help at a ski chalet, where in-between being in the service of a bunch of posh twats she practices snowboarding for an upcoming contest.
Though the script is turgid, predictable and quite irresponsible, the film succeeds where it needs to, where Felicity Jones rises above all the dross with a shining leading performance which put her on the showbiz map. It's just a shame that the script called for her character to spending way too much time chasing a tedious pretty boy who doesn't deserve her.
June 23, 2015
Maybe cliched but entertaining. Good fun for a chilled out evening at home !
February 22, 2015
Cute teen movie. Nothing more.
½ February 10, 2015
My mum always used to say, "You've got brains in your head, feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose."
½ December 20, 2014
good film, funny in places.
½ November 28, 2014
Not as good as I thought it would. The chemistry between them is ok.
November 14, 2014
Feel good film based in the picturesque Austrian ski resort of St Anton about a... chalet girl.
Not an ordinary chalet girl though.
In approximately eight weeks we see the chalet girl in question, a character named Kim Matthews transform from a working class CHAV Cockney being at the beck and call of some snooty banking family to a snowboarding champion getting the bloke in the process. Very Rocky Balboa in unrealism!
The scenery is at times breathtaking and could have been taken straight from the opening sequence of James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me.
Comic Bill Bailey plays a character interestingly called Bill (Kims dad). I had to sympathise with his cooking skills!
The film has several sentimental moments as Kim suffers flashbacks of her late mothers death in a horrific car accident.
Brooke Shields plays an unsympathetic posh mother who used to be a Concorde air hostess. Bill Nighy is her husband.
The only other person I recognised was Neils dad of The Inbetweeners TV series and films.
November 13, 2014
Nice surprise! Cute snowboard flick about loss and newly found love.
½ August 31, 2014
Watched the one edited for daytime viewing... Utterly predictable storyline!! But good for a Sunday afternoon after lunch chilling with family!!!
August 30, 2014
It was good, the movie cover makes it look way worse than it is
June 27, 2014
Funny, easy to watch chick flick
½ June 10, 2014
Comfortable and predictable. English humor is a hit or miss.
May 30, 2014
Loved it! A feel good, cheer you up film, they rarely make them like this anymore! Reminds me of being a chalet girl!
March 22, 2014
A strong lead performance stops this from being awful
March 10, 2014
I tried watching it but couldn't get into it. But then I came back and watched it all the way through and really enjoyed it!!