Chappie Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

It is a very entertaining movie, with a few shortcomings, but certainly a cult classic.

• Oct 28, 2019

It's an axiom: when the majority of journalists (those with poser pictures as avatar) and half audience reviewers write bad reviews, with few exceptions movie is at least interesting or even a masterpiece. Honestly, if this one is bad, or silly, same were first Robocop or District 9. You can bet one million those putting down this movie gave 4 or 5 stars to the other two, because it was "cool" doing it, so never mind them, just watch and enjoy Chappie, it's worth.

• Oct 11, 2019

Excelente film, bien elaborado aunque baja algo en momentos dramáticos específicos.

• Oct 07, 2019

While the design of the title character is impressive...everything else is quite bland and forgettable.

• Oct 06, 2019

I understand what Sony was trying to go for with this movie, except it felt way too rushed for this kind of action. Plus the movie had way too many plot holes left with unexplained endings.

• Oct 06, 2019

Best movie it’s Entertaining

Best movie it’s Entertaining

• Sep 24, 2019

This movie is seeming like the lost love child of Short Circuit and Robocop, if that child spent all his time in detention. I believe the ability to get some of the star power did sway my opinion to give a higher rating a bit, even if Sigourney Weaver did little to be remembered and Huge Jackman resurrected the ghost and out-fit of Steve Erwin as a biter, jealousy Aussie stuck in Jo'burg. Sharlto Copley did an absolutely wonderful job of bringing a great childlike wonder and likability to our robotic hero and as the tale progressed made the metallic protagonist exceptionally life like. What I truly was surprised about was in regard to the performance of Musicians, Watikin Tudor Jones and Yolandi Visser, but I do suspect the roles were written to suit their strengths than to actually act, but all in all they did very well. Overall, It was a fun film that I've now seen a few times and enjoyed. I would recommend for any fan of Sci-fi, post-apocalyptic movies or South African Rap.

• Sep 19, 2019

Perfect, except for some bad words. I am so confused why people like District 9 but not this.

• Sep 17, 2019

Chappie illustrates the reality of consciousness and the possibilities of what the future could hold for humanity. The main question in life is, what's next, the human body is a shell holding us into mortality, making it impossible to deny the inevitability of death. By having the ability to transfer consciousness is inconceivable beyond measures to us at this time. Chappie gives a demonstration not into just creating consciousness in the form of AI but preserving it in humans.

• Aug 19, 2019

Despite having a relatively weak plot, the CG, creativity and unique cast of this film still hold up. It is interesting and has you hooked, Chappie himself looks real and helps with the immersion, the fact that most of the cast isn't recognisable makes the characters seem more real, and speaking of actors, they all give unique performances, Copley as a naive robot with a child's mind, Patel as an ambitious creator, Jackman as a manic engineer, and Yolandi and Ninja as weird gangsters, not all bad, but not all good. The final negative aspect, is the ending, although creative, the tone was too far out and joyful, where a darker tone would definitely have suited it more.