Choose Connor Reviews

• Apr 09, 2015

Apparently based on a true story that's even more depraved than what's portrayed here. This is an superb film. Some of the smartest dialog I've encountered, but it took me watching it twice because the interactions between the characters are so uncomfortable (intentionally so) that a lot of the nuance and depth got washed over by the emotional tension of the film the first time I watched it. Really amazingly done.

• Sep 15, 2010

Owen and Caleb needed to have make-up sex.

Owen and Caleb needed to have make-up sex.

• Sarah . Super Reviewer
    May 17, 2010

Okay so let me try and explain how I feel about this movie. 1. I did NOT find it boring - although some people might. 2. I found myself getting into and attached to the story and characters quick well. 3. Many cases of bad acting, or borderline bad, however! Escher Holloway completely stood out to me as the real hidden gem of this film. Now, a part of me questions if that was actually because he did a good job, or if perhaps my eyes were distracted and therefore skewed my perception of the film (i.e. he was very attractive). Nonetheless, I want to watch it again - though Im not completely sure why. The ending will likely bother many of you, because (as the director himself has been quoted saying) it is meant to leave you hanging so that the audience can decide their own ending. Which for some, will be very frustrating. All in all it actually had a much better story line than I had thought it would. What did this movie teach me? The children are the future. Yet there are countless adults out there who use and abuse our children and therefore are destroying the future generation as well as their own.

• Apr 26, 2009

I must really be getting old, because I can easily appreciate a thoughtful, character-driven movie more than an action extravaganza where a ton of shit blows up. Don't get me wrong, sometimes shit has to be blown sky high just to see the beautiful flames, preferably in slow motion. This movie is all about subtlety, and I like that. There is a lot of thought-provoking stuff here. It's all about the "system" that is pretty fucked up, and this film certainly won't alleviate any fears someone might have considering said system. It's a corrupt world out there. But at least good actors inhabit it, like the ones in this movie. Okay, I'm too tired to make any sense, better cut this review short. This film is like a big flashing neon sign saying: do not get into politics, there be evil afoot there. Shit, I already knew that.

• Feb 07, 2009

This movie is creepy beyond all belief. Steven Weber plays his role of a slimy politician very well, and the final monologue from Owen is very well written and performed. I'm extremely impressed that the film was directed by a 20 year old, although I think the cynicism for the entire system may be a bit much.

• Jan 18, 2009

first half needed a bit more pace. only possible ending. lacks all optimism

first half needed a bit more pace. only possible ending. lacks all optimism

• Nov 21, 2008

From the first scene of the film it's pretty obvious where this overly cynical film is heading, but that doesn't stop the movie from sufficiently giving you the creeps. The movie certainly benefits from the naturalness between the young actors in the film.

• Oct 06, 2008

I was kind of hoping for something else. The point is valid, but it's not new. And the movie didn't quite present it in a original way nor in a very atracting manner. So you basically won't need anything other than the trailer.