Chop Shop Reviews

• Mar 17, 2016

"GRIMY | GRITTY | PAINSTAKING | RAW | REALISTIC" (87-out-of-100)

"GRIMY | GRITTY | PAINSTAKING | RAW | REALISTIC" (87-out-of-100)

• Aug 09, 2015

I know the intent was good...just.. well, little boring.

I know the intent was good...just.. well, little boring.

• Oct 01, 2014

A work for art. A tribute to building a better life for yourself and your family. Grit, beauty, and honesty, all in one. A beautiful story and very well told. Bahrani does an amazing job telling the tale of these children who fight for everything.

• May 04, 2014

A landmark for new independent cinema.

A landmark for new independent cinema.

• Mar 16, 2014

Chop Shop is by far one of the best films in the last 10 years. Ramin Bahrani truly defines what it means to create a great work of art. Alejandro Polanco was brilliant in his performance. Overall, great film!

• Feb 24, 2014

A simple but convincing film.

A simple but convincing film.

• Sep 22, 2013

This film has been sitting in my Instant Queue forever, probably ever since I saw Bahrani's other excellent film, Goodbye Solo. But I could never bring myself to watch it; perhaps I thought it might be too depressing. The amazing thing about Chop Shop is that it was made without professional actors. But rather than handicapping the film, Bahrani's carefully constructed masterpiece is enhanced by the realism and naturalism the actual inhabitants of the area bring to the movie. This is not a happy movie, especially considering the sad reality of American poverty. But it strangely is not depressing either. It is just very real.

• Oct 01, 2012

An arrestingly told slice-of-life. Young "Ale" Polanco is a true natural.

An arrestingly told slice-of-life. Young "Ale" Polanco is a true natural.

• Sep 25, 2012

?????? ???????? ????? ?? ?? ??????

?????? ???????? ????? ?? ?? ??????

• Jun 22, 2012

Realism at it's best. Subtle and natural. Nothing seemed forced. It didn't feel like I was watching a movie. It felt more like observing a life.