The Christmas Toy Reviews

• Jan 08, 2013

one of my fave x-mas movies!! :)

one of my fave x-mas movies!! :)

• Dec 04, 2012

i like this movie alot ever since i was a kid i'll never stop liking this movie

i like this movie alot ever since i was a kid i'll never stop liking this movie

• Nov 18, 2012

I used to watch it every year on Nickelodeon because nothing else was on.

I used to watch it every year on Nickelodeon because nothing else was on.

• Nov 14, 2012

This charming Christmas TV special is guaranteed to make you believe two things: 1) Jim Henson is a creative genius. 2) Pixar has committed one of the biggest copyright infringements in cinema history with "Toy Story." John Lasseter and Co. should be ashamed. This special, while being a warm, funny, and imaginative take on what happens to toys once kids leave the vicinity, contains a surprising bite of frigidness; the fear of being caught by humans, and the resulting death-like state that awaits all toys who step out of line, make this show unique, and timeless. Peppered with heartbreaking moments throughout, Christmas Toy also captures the tender feelings experienced by children on Christmas Day. This is not standard kiddie stuff, and adults should not shy away from watching this one. My one and only complaint is that the ending is a bit sugarcoated, the happy resolution is sudden, and seems to contradict several "rules" in the toy universe; however, I understand Henson's choice, as Christmas should ultimately be a happy, joyous occasion free from fear and sadness.

• Oct 29, 2012

While I need to rewatch it, I remember loving it as a child.

While I need to rewatch it, I remember loving it as a child.

• Jun 04, 2012

Loved this movie as a kid. Loved, loved, LOVED it. It's been a while, though, and the rating is probably based more on my fond memories of my childhood than the actual epicness of the movie.

• May 30, 2012

[b][img]http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/6/6c/Title.xmastoy.jpg[/img][/b] [b]The Christmas Toy is the best Christmas movie ever. Period. I watch it every year religiously. If you haven't seen it, you have 25 hours from now to do so. Oh - it's Jim Henson - so you know it's good.[/b] [img]http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/christmas100/96.jpg[/img] [size=1][b]*Don't know why the 96 is there*[/b][/size] [color=blue][b]10/10 :fresh: Care Bears: The Nutcracker[/b][/color] [b]Why can't I rate Care Bears: The Nutcracker? Well, that's the second best Christmas movie ever. Period. Which I also watch religiously. GO WATCH IT!![/b]

• Apr 22, 2012

classic muppet movie just for memories of christmas fun kermit of course is kermit and will never change

• Dec 26, 2011

This movie reminded me a lot of Toy Story

This movie reminded me a lot of Toy Story

• Dec 19, 2010

Loved this as a kid! An early toy story!!! Get ur kids to watch this retro classic