Civic Duty Reviews

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Dec 29, 2013

Pretty effective thriller, Civic Duty starring Peter Krause is a low budget picture that manages to be entertaining from start to finish despite its limitations. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the film. Released in the years following 9/11, the film emphasizes on the paranoia at the time when America were in a state of vulnerability. The film is engaging a truly riveting from start to finish. Of course the film could have been improved upon, but for what it is, it's a well crafted film that manages to be far better than what you might think. Krause is great in the lead role, and the film overall relies on a good idea, but at the same time, we've seen better films dealing with similar subjects. Despite its limitations, Civic Duty is one of those movies that are quite engaging considering its budget and simple premise. There are moments in the film where it gets very intense, and you are sucked into its plot. I'll admit that a few times it was silly, but overall, I enjoyed the film, and thought it was a well directed and thrilling film that despite a few weak parts is a picture worth seeing if you enjoy the genre. Krause is a good actor, and his work on Six Feet Under is proof of that, and like I previously said, he is good in the film, and manages to make the film better than it is. For a low budget thriller, Civic Duty is one of the better ones, but it never does reach its full potential, and it somehow leaves you wanting a bit more. Worth seeing if you have nothing else better to do.

• Oct 21, 2013

Awesome movie! I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

Awesome movie! I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

• Feb 22, 2013

At times a tense and provocative thriller, Civic Duty struggles to move beyond its one-note premise.

• Nov 30, 2012

Should have turned this off right after I saw the BC license plate on the car when it is suppose to be taking place in the US..Props Fail..DP Fail..Director Fail..Editor Fail.....was a sign of things to come. If you see this on Netflix...skip it!

• Sep 24, 2012

I think the pre-constructed image of Muslims as Terrorists has become really old news .. but the movie was solid good though.

• Jun 26, 2012

Odd but somewhat compelling.

Odd but somewhat compelling.

• May 05, 2012

Let's whip up some more hysteria... Not enough crazy people yet...

Let's whip up some more hysteria... Not enough crazy people yet...

• Apr 25, 2012

what could be a really interesting thriller fails to thrill.

what could be a really interesting thriller fails to thrill.

• Mar 03, 2012

entertaining small budget thriller...no must see

entertaining small budget thriller...no must see

• Jan 16, 2012

We love Peter Krause from Six Feet Under and, More recently, Parenthood fame, but this movie was slllooooowwwww...