Coco - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coco Reviews

September 18, 2018
Best Pixar movie, together with Inside Out. Great music as well.
September 17, 2018
This wan't to enjoyable for me and the songs didn't make me want to sing along. I would not suggest this Disney as a classic but go ahead and watch it just don't expect to much.
September 14, 2018
Esta magnifica historia saca la parte mas madura de Pixar, con un guion bastante interesante ,con el que realmente logra conmover y ser un film completamente eficaz para todo publico,Coco es una de las historias mas documentadas de Pixar.
September 13, 2018
Thank you Pixar and Disney.
September 13, 2018
This movie is One of the dee masterpieces thatade me cry and feel Happy at the same time, and You DESERVE 5 star and beyond for that
September 12, 2018
By far my new favorite Pixar movie!
I cannot think of one thing that is not great with this movie!
September 11, 2018
this movie was fantastic and I actually cried at the end scene
September 8, 2018
This was a really great movie! Beautiful!
September 7, 2018
Rips off "The Book of Life" almost note for note.
September 7, 2018
An enjoyable movie for kids and adults. A lot of fun the entire time
½ September 7, 2018
Absolutely beautiful movie, the animation is gorgeous. The characters are well-designed, fun and colourful. The music is wonderful and the voice cast full of relatively unknown actors (or at least unknown in Canada/USA) are all brilliant. The first hour or so of the movie is building to a twist that I saw coming almost immediately, so unfortunately the middle drags quite a lot as they slowly make their way to the shock-less surprise revelation. It's so blatantly obvious what's coming, I just wish they'd have gotten to it a bit sooner, because the movie picks up a lot after that point. The end of the film is incredibly heartwarming in a way that feels completely honest and well earned, if you cry at movies, this one is probably going to get ya.
September 6, 2018
This is a fantastic look into a culture that rarely is shown in hollywood. This is beautifully animated. Honestly it is so fracking gorgeous. The story is solid and almost made me cry. Which is hard to do.
September 5, 2018
This movie is my favorite movie! I love how this movie shows emotions and perspective of a song
September 3, 2018
In Coco, everything is about the importance of family. So what does family offer us in this film: arrogance, pettiness, and control issues. Every family member in this movie is out for themselves and willing to sabotage others to further some sort of vendetta with another family member they have grown out of touch with. The only reason this story happens--on the living and dead side--is because this kid's elder is an asshole who won't listen to reason. On the living side, we are somehow supposed to believe that Coco--who loves her dad, has evidence of his true success, and had been corresponding with him before his death--never passed on that message to her daughter. So her daughter rages on and on about what has been taken from them by music, but somehow never talked to her mother about it? And then *magic* music cures the family and Coco's memory. On the dead side of things, the family member forcing the "no music or I let you die" rule actually loves music and only allows the kid to follow his dreams because she is forced to sing in front of a crowd...are you shitting me? And she's been living in the same city as the person she has a grudge against, but they never resolved their issues to discover the truth in all these hundred-ish years since? The way the film keeps the truth about who the father is from the boy and audience is SO forced and on the nose. The movie is both incredibly predictable and shockingly tiny in scope.
September 3, 2018
Pixar seem to confidently and repeatedly shatter my ideas of what children will happily sit through in terms of plot and characterisation. This is an intricate plot and a lot to get your head around, my 5 year old though and I were both engrossed. By the time we get to the conclusion (and for most adults you can see clearly where this is going) I was basically weeping buckets and my 5 year was cheering aloud and laughing his head off in the cinema. This is a movie that creates wonderful, joyous shared family experiences and makes you hug said family members a little tighter as well. A modern day masterpiece, beautiful.
September 3, 2018
One of the best Disney movies. Beautiful to watch and a wonderfully sweet story of family. Bring the tissues the ending gets me every time.
September 2, 2018
Coco is the best Pixar movie ever made. It's so sweet and charmng. It made me cry like a baby, and I was 15 when I firsted watched it. If you haven't seen it yet I hihgly recomend watching it.
September 2, 2018
Beautiful and original film! Predictable, but sweet!
September 1, 2018
Wholesome movie with a great message and stunning graffics!
August 31, 2018
best movie I have ever seen