Confetti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Confetti Reviews

January 19, 2015
Seemed pointless and rather boring with few laughs.
½ January 5, 2015
It's a shame Olivia Coleman and Robert Webb have such a horrible memory of this film and how they were treated as it ruins my opinion that this is a pretty good film. I especially like Martin Freeman and Jessica Hynes. Very sweet couple and good improvising!
August 30, 2014
The final act with the weddings themselves is the definite highlight - they were all great!
½ August 25, 2014
Hilarious! Yet it does make me think I'm glad Allison and I didn't do the boring same old same old. Ours will be, in the words of Moulin Rouge, "Spectacular! Spectacular!"
April 6, 2014
Weird film but alright
December 27, 2013
A mostly unfunny mess of a film. You will scratch your head wondering who thought this was funny and wait to laugh. And never will.
September 17, 2013
This is a lovely Britcom/mockumentary with heart and chaotic tones in the best tradition of Ealing.
½ August 4, 2013
One either likes British humor and "gets it" or one doesn't. I always loved it and find it hilarious. This little gem is a funny, cute, and sometimes sweet movie that was very entertaining and enjoyable. I always loved Martin Freeman and this film makes me love him more. Definitely recommended.
July 6, 2013
Whether you like this movie really depends on whether you're a fan of British comedy. I enjoyed it; first saw it because of Martin Freeman, who gives a heartfelt performance with plenty of his (hilarious) dry comedy. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it definitely wasn't the worst.
July 1, 2013
Proof that improvisation isn't easy. Even for professionals. And especially so when making comedies.
May 31, 2013
British comedy at its best - fab Friday night viewing!! Madcap, chaotic, mayhem - very funny and brilliantly cast! I suspect it was mostly improvised! I'd love to see the outtakes!!
½ May 18, 2013
that looks sooooo good cus i have seen the adert
½ May 5, 2013
Perfectly acceptable British rom com
½ February 25, 2013
Confetti is one of those movies that started me off absolutely disliking anything cinematically British. It's just plain bad, seriously! I often wonder how Martin Freeman still has a career and is now making it big in The Hobbit. When i watched this all of those years ago I wondered why people give stuff like this house room and to see people praising this as one of the funniest movies they've seen disgusts me no matter how much of a movie snob i am not. REALLY?
February 6, 2013
Mockumentary that was hilarious. Some great comedic performances particularly from Freeman. Love this movie!
January 11, 2013
Very nearly the worst comedy ever made.

Thanks for wasting my license fee money BBC Productions...I demand an immediate refund!
January 1, 2013
aika outo, mut jotenkin tykkäsin tästä kyl. awws ne hääsuunnittelijat <3
December 30, 2012
Directed by Debbie Isitt (Nasty Neighbours (2000) and Nativity (2009)), this is a fun mockumentary which feels like a spiritual British cousin of Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999), with a cast of British comedy performers and actors all sparking off one another, all the dialogue was improvised with Isitt providing the outline, and it works well too. Renowned bridal magazine Confetti, owned by Antoni Clarke (Jimmy Carr) and ran by uptight editor Vivienne (Felicity Montagu), are holding a competition to see who can come up with the most original wedding, and the winner will win a house and be on the cover of the magazine. It's whittled down to 3 couples. Sam and Matt (Jessica Stevenson and Martin Freeman), who want their musical to be in the style of a Busby Berkeley musical from the 1930's, then there's tennis pro's Isabelle and Josef (Meredith MacNeill and Stephen Mangan), who want a tennis themed wedding, and then there's naturists Joanna and Michael (Olivia Colman and Robert Webb), who want to do a nude wedding. The weddings are planned by Gregory and Archie (Vincent Franklin and Jason Watkins), but the couples keep changing their minds and things go awry. It's a very funny film, with some good performances and the finale with the weddings has to be seen to be believed, but it's very original and there's a few recognisable faces from British TV, plus you get Robert Webb's willy on screen too.
December 27, 2012
I really wanna see this!
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!