Crazy Horse Reviews

• Dec 16, 2014

This was a jumbled mess of a documentary.

This was a jumbled mess of a documentary.

• Jun 30, 2013

Frederick Wiseman points his cinema verite camera at the CRAZY HORSE in Paris completing his French trilogy that includes films on La Comedie Francaise and the Paris Opera Ballet. As always, Wiseman does not interject himself into the proceedings but unlike his best works, CRAZY HORSE does not always have much of a point to make. Watching the film, you will question "is this art" or "pure exploitation" regarding the CRAZY HORSE. And that clearly is one of Wiseman's points--can there both? or works that straddle the line? Yes! But the film just never delves deep enough to see or understand the world underneath the beautiful naked bodies.

• Nov 23, 2012

"the best nude dancing show in the world" I like the different approach of this director to make a documentary without voice overs or unnecessary titles.

• Sep 26, 2012

Crazy Horse is a nude show , but this film is artistic than sexual.

Crazy Horse is a nude show , but this film is artistic than sexual.

• Jul 11, 2012

pretty bad movie, as a documentary it feels light and incomplete. most of the dancers are techically not at all talented (suppose thats why they have to be nude) steven soderberghs 'magic mike' is a far more entertaining look at erotic dancing.

• Apr 19, 2012

What so engaging here is this documentary's ability to titillate as well as educate. By observing the events of an infamous Parisian cabaret, the film successfully captures the creating, performing, and selling of simulated sexual pleasure.

• Apr 01, 2012

Very slow and deliberately paced, but some of the most beautiful shots I have ever seen...most of which can be attributed to the women and the club "artistry." Also unique because there is no narration track to hold your hand throughout, which some may find unnerving...but this is quite easy to warm up to. Overall, an important and extremely captivating take on the beauty and art of the female form, and how this legendary club has truly tapped into sharing this effectively with their clients.

• Apr 01, 2012

Hoje no Cinesesc tem exibição gratuita as 19h, de "CRAZY HORSE" último lançamento do mestre do cinema-verdade, Frederick Wiseman. Imperdível!!

• Mar 05, 2012

It is pretty, but it is very slow and the story development is lacking. It was hard to follow where it was going. There aren't any compelling characters and I just didn't care what was going to happen. And nothing really happened. Boring. But pretty.

• Mar 03, 2012

I wish I went to "Rita & Chico" instead. I felt like a perv at Crazy Horse. I hope everyone in the theater kept their pants on.