Curse II: The Bite Reviews

• Jun 04, 2020

This is an egregiously stupid schlock horror movie, but I had fun with it. I mean, when the premise has a guy's hand turn into a literal snake after a nasty snakebite, how can you take any of it seriously? There's some nice, gooey effects by the end and Schoelen is adorable as usual. I'll never understand how she is not a more highly regarded Scream Queen...

• Sep 30, 2018

I first saw this movie back in 1989 when I rented it from the Video Store. I bad just seen the first Curse with Wil Wheaton so I wanted to see the second movie. I enjoyed the Curse Part 2. Something different and I like the story. Is alot better than the first and the acting isn't half bad. The special F/X were done by Screaming Mad George and they didn't disappoint. Had a really great ending and another bonus is that Jill Schoelen was in it. If you liked her in The Stepfather or Hot Moves you will like her in this. Beautiful as always. Recently I was on eBay and I picked up the Standee for this movie. Promo items can still be found!!! 3 out of 5 stars.

• Sep 16, 2018

Typically cheap Italian horror production that cashes in on the success of another horror film. This "sequel" bears no connection to the original "Curse" film and is instead a story about a man bitten by a radioactive snake who then spawns killer snake-like creatures. That premiss might have been a campy good time, but this film is a boring slog. Jill Schoelen, J. Eddie Peck, and Jamie Farr provide a few familiar faces on screen, along with Bo Svenson as the Sheriff and Sydney Lassick (Cheswick from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest") in smaller roles. Only watch this film if you're in the mood for a bad old school horror film (which I'll admit that I sometimes am).

• Aug 27, 2016

Unfortunately, inferior to its predecessor...

Unfortunately, inferior to its predecessor...

• Feb 27, 2016

It's amazing how anyone could keep a straight face in this movie. There are some nice gooey effects at the end, but boy oh boy is this a stupid movie.

• Aug 31, 2015

Tedious and kind of exhausting

Tedious and kind of exhausting

• May 12, 2014

The lovecraftian vibe is gone in this name-only sequel. Instead we get a fun schlocky story about a man who gets bitten by a radioactive snake (Damn Gub'mint and their atom bombs!) and gradually devolves, spreading carnage in his wake. With some modest acting but some familiar faces in supporting roles Curse 2 is well worth watching for a gross, gory laugh.

• Mar 04, 2013

The Curse 2 is one of those titles created to cash-in on a profitable name. Originally this movie was actually called The Bite but I guess it played so miserably with test audiences that they scurried to find a potential franchise to tack it onto. Suffice to say that The Curse 2 has NO relation to The Curse and it's a stupid, dumbass movie. Driving through a radioactive stretch of Arizona, a couple encounter mutant snakes. The guy is bitten on the hand and before long his arm turns into a snake... yep, you read correctly. If this was made with a facetious tone or a deliberate lampoon then it might have transpired into a quirky little creature feature but the folk who made this seriously thought they were onto something great. THAT alone makes it laughable. It's a stupid fucking movie that can only be enjoyed if viewed with an audience who's willing to participate... a so bad its good thing. Here's the kicker... believe it or not there's a CURSE 3 starring Christopher Lee. It boggles the mind how another unrelated story's makers thought that The Curse was a worthy name to latch onto considering how abysmal this second instalment was.

• Jul 30, 2012

This had some promise at the start, but soon fell off a cliff. Weird seeing Jamie Farr in a horror film, that's for sure.

• Nov 22, 2010

Scared the shit out of me when I was little!!!

Scared the shit out of me when I was little!!!