Deacons for Defense Reviews

• Jul 30, 2014

Good film that gives much needed light of day to a little known part of the history of the Civil Rights movement.

• Nov 09, 2012

The movie is another movie about Vets (from different wars) that are defending their community.

• Oct 11, 2010

Great flick about the Civil Rights Act with Forest Whitaker in fine form.

Great flick about the Civil Rights Act with Forest Whitaker in fine form.

• May 31, 2010

A little slow at first, but worth it if you watch the whole thing.

A little slow at first, but worth it if you watch the whole thing.

• Jun 03, 2009

Shit was crazy...Shit is crazy...thanks white people!

Shit was crazy...Shit is crazy...thanks white people!

• Dec 22, 2007

I'm ashamed of being white

I'm ashamed of being white

• Nov 22, 2007

great movie about hatred in the south in the 60's

great movie about hatred in the south in the 60's

• Oct 27, 2007

Good TV movie. Whitaker was amazing as always. I was pleased to see the aggressive side of civil rights displayed. Although people don't often want to speak of it, physical protection was what was needed in some circumstances.

• Jan 19, 2006

Nice Film, especially if your into to old days and knowing how black people where treated like shit!!!

• Jul 25, 2004

[size=4]:up: I loved the way the tables were turned during the Civil Rights movement in Louisiana. I love pulling for the underdogs in any movie-with this being a true story, it just makes it even better.[/size]