Dead Bang Reviews

• Feb 12, 2020

Fabulous movie. One of my all-time favorites.

Fabulous movie. One of my all-time favorites.

• Mar 27, 2019

I love this movie, it had a real feeling of nothing to lose for the lead character. Of course there were parts that weren’t the best, but there are parts that are absolutely gratifyingly in your face.

• Mar 25, 2015

The story's thin but Johnson is really good in this mixed bag action thriller.

The story's thin but Johnson is really good in this mixed bag action thriller.

• Sep 08, 2014

An under rated gem from Frankenheimer. Johnson is unbelievable in this and is in nearly every single scene. Forsythe is reliable as always and a text book twitch off Miller. My only critique would be Johnson's alcoholic cop who doesn't actually drink much throughout.

• Oct 13, 2013

I don't really understand the bad reputation this film has. It's a serviceable cop film. It's not an outstanding piece of work, and Frankenheimer has certainly done better (and worse) than this, but Johnson is really quite good as your standard maverick cop character and the plot is engaging. Any cop film where your hungover lead cop throws up on a suspect is at least worth a look ... it's more interesting than any of the "Lethal Weapon" sequels.

• Jul 17, 2013

Another masterpiece...I'm telling you people...SEE DEAD BANG!

Another masterpiece...I'm telling you people...SEE DEAD BANG!

• May 28, 2013

Good 80's cop thriller with Don Johnson playing a cop, but less like Sonny Crocket and more like Dirty Harry, it's quite cool seeing Don playing it differently and he's convincing at it too, doesn't seem to be trying too hard. It's a shame that his movie career didn't go as far as his TV career did (Tom Selleck seemed to had that problem too, he's currently a regular on a TV show on Sky Atlantic).

• Apr 19, 2013

I'd file this movie under...good enough. Not overly great but not terrible, it just exists and it's not bad at all.

• Jul 15, 2012

Don't expect Don Johnson to be anything like Sonny Crockett and you'll be pleased.

• Jun 07, 2012

I haven't bought this movie YET but I am going to I LOVED THIS MOVIE when I first seen it back when it came out and back then Don Johnson was the Sh*t this movie is great it has drama and action and funny where it needs it if you haven't seen this flick I feel sorry for you Oh and I never watched miami vice I just liked Johnson in this movie.