Death Race - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Race Reviews

October 6, 2017
Critics I know it's not the original but don't hate on it give it a chance! Terrific! Four stars hands down!
½ August 27, 2017
Fun flick and Statham is always worth watching!
August 22, 2017
A phantastic car-action movie.I first liked Statham in a movie :)
May 12, 2017
A massive departure from the original, Death Race keeps the cars and kills and forgoes virtually everything else from 2000. Fun in a very different manner, but still fun, and that's what counts.
April 23, 2017
4/22/2017 (2): A pretty entertaining action flick. The story isn't really developed, but I still liked it.
jamrcla
½ February 2, 2017
Brilliant film with good races and some nice gory deaths, Good story a little different from the usual Statham films but worth multiple watches.
January 22, 2017
The original was a classic - Can Anderson make this another and recapture his previous Event Horizon form... or do we have another Alien Vs Predator on the cards?
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
Palomera y divertida.
½ December 29, 2016
I liked this movie. Jason Statham makes pretty good action movies. The plot was alright in this movie. The action and the special effects were good.
December 18, 2016
Jason Statham and Tyrese Gibson in one of the coolest movies ever!
½ August 15, 2016
A lot of critics, I don't think. quite knew what to make of this film: it is hyper over the top. is incredibly dark, yet also steals elements from the video game Mario Kart, and tries to send a message about the private prisons at the same time. It's an interesting matchup, one of which the medium of movies was, I'd argue. tailor made for.. There are some not so great elements at play too including a rather annoying shaky cam, but I could overlook them easily enough.
July 9, 2016
Death Race is fast, furious, undemanding, brutal action entertainment that gets the job done.
June 29, 2016
A very thrilling ride loved it
June 2, 2016
lol actually better than the original death race 2000
May 8, 2016
a decent movie i have both 1-2 great action just too futuristic that probably wont happen
April 24, 2016
It's fun doesn't make sense but it's fun
½ April 14, 2016
A fun big dumb action flick, but also fairly forgettable aside from a death scene here or there. I generally enjoy Jason Statham, so this is something I can see returning to as comfort food, but I'd highly doubt it'll end up being anyone's favorite film, y'know?

Possibly best viewed on cable as a guilty pleasure rather than purchased or rented.
½ March 6, 2016
Not a petrol head but must admit I quite enjoyed this film not bad for car lovers
January 26, 2016
Jason Statham's best movie ever. This movie reminds me of the game, Full Auto, for Xbox 360.