Death Race - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Race Reviews

½ January 28, 2018
Fun and action packed. Jason Statham did a good job in this. The cars looked great and the driving/action sequences was really well made. The story itself was ok and a bit predictable but the fun fast paced brutal action makes up for it.
½ January 13, 2018
she's next..

Death Race

It's tightly packed with action, speed and twists but also is predictable, familiar and overlong.
½ January 5, 2018
This film is surprisingly watchable if not the best remake. The film is aided by the support cast putting in good performances to gloss over the anemic plot.
January 4, 2018
as a mindless action movie, this is extremely entertaining with some great action sequences and a generally cool idea. modified car race fights like mario kart but real, is an awesome idea, as can be seen in mad max fury road, although that movie is superior in every way and should not be compared otherwise. this movie is also pretty bad with some laughable moments and cheesy parts. but i still enjoyed it and may even watch it again when i'm in the mood for some trashy fun (about 2 viewings)
October 6, 2017
Critics I know it's not the original but don't hate on it give it a chance! Terrific! Four stars hands down!
½ August 27, 2017
Fun flick and Statham is always worth watching!
August 22, 2017
A phantastic car-action movie.I first liked Statham in a movie :)
May 12, 2017
A massive departure from the original, Death Race keeps the cars and kills and forgoes virtually everything else from 2000. Fun in a very different manner, but still fun, and that's what counts.
April 23, 2017
4/22/2017 (2): A pretty entertaining action flick. The story isn't really developed, but I still liked it.
½ February 2, 2017
Brilliant film with good races and some nice gory deaths, Good story a little different from the usual Statham films but worth multiple watches.
January 22, 2017
The original was a classic - Can Anderson make this another and recapture his previous Event Horizon form... or do we have another Alien Vs Predator on the cards?
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
Palomera y divertida.
½ December 29, 2016
I liked this movie. Jason Statham makes pretty good action movies. The plot was alright in this movie. The action and the special effects were good.
December 18, 2016
Jason Statham and Tyrese Gibson in one of the coolest movies ever!
½ August 15, 2016
A lot of critics, I don't think. quite knew what to make of this film: it is hyper over the top. is incredibly dark, yet also steals elements from the video game Mario Kart, and tries to send a message about the private prisons at the same time. It's an interesting matchup, one of which the medium of movies was, I'd argue. tailor made for.. There are some not so great elements at play too including a rather annoying shaky cam, but I could overlook them easily enough.
July 9, 2016
Death Race is fast, furious, undemanding, brutal action entertainment that gets the job done.
June 29, 2016
A very thrilling ride loved it
June 2, 2016
lol actually better than the original death race 2000
May 8, 2016
a decent movie i have both 1-2 great action just too futuristic that probably wont happen