Death Ship Reviews

• Jan 29, 2019

A nightmarish gonzo low budget horror movie. The atmosphere is thick. The camera work great. As the movie moves along it gets more and more claustrophobic. The first half is a good little ghost ship movie. The second half turns into a complete exploitation flick. Not a great or good movie by any stretch of the imagination but it will sit with you and give you goosebumps. A must see if your a horror fan at least once.

• Jun 21, 2018

I'd been wanting to see this movie for a long, long time. Now that I have, it ultimately turned out to be pretty meh... It's not bad, but it's not all that good either. It's a real misfire, as it could've been great, and even has some pretty effective moments, but it ends up pretty jokey by the end.

• Jun 21, 2017

One of my guilty pleasures. The beautiful shots of ship motors makes everything great. The story line is interesting, this film desperately deserves a remake.

• Jul 22, 2016

Though the film is eerie with atmosphere, it's just not entertaining enough, particularly because I think it tries to take itself to seriously.

• Jun 18, 2016

This is a modern-era ghost ship movie, and it has to deal with all the limitations this setting imply. It is more suspense than horror. There are a few interesting twists.

• May 02, 2016

I was expecting to like this but it mostly fell flat for me. The plot was good in general and the acting wasn't bad but in some respects it was just too kooky - especially with the captain and the storyline involving him. The ending was also flat and fairly predictable.

• Sep 06, 2015

Not so bad it's good and there are a few good death scenes but one of those unintentional laughing horror movies....you could do worse.

• Apr 05, 2015

A fairly decent horror/suspense movie about a cruise ship that sinks due to a ghost tanker ship and they board the tanker to find no crew and strange things. It is a slow burn movie that is very interesting and creepy. George Kennedy and Richard Crenna are good, with Kennedy being a little creepy.

• Oct 21, 2014

A movie I feel very guilty about liking. Complete cheese, a haunted holocaust nazi ship adrift in the ocean. I'm a sucker for haunted ship movies though.

• Jul 30, 2014

It has a few respectable cast members but their characters' are not developed fully. However, the ship's production value, camera work, music and all around eerie surrounding is enough to make it somewhat likable. For my full review of Death Ship (1980), check it out on this IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080603/reviews-87