Death Wish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Wish Reviews

December 11, 2018
A good movie entertaining 17% rating is ridiculous!
December 6, 2018
Very good movie ????????
December 1, 2018
We loved this! A tight action packed perfect revenge movie with a neat end. I havent seen the original but it must have been quality because this version has an excellent story line in the manner of older films. Forget the bad reviews - this is great entertainment.
November 26, 2018
Eli Roth remakes Death Wish with Bruce Willis. When Dr. Paul Kersey's wife is killed and his daughter's left in a coma after a home invasion Kersey takes matters into his own hands and becomes a vigilante to get the justice that the police can't. Willis gives a fairly middling performance, but the character isn't really written that well. Still, the film does do some clever things with the internet and talk radio to show how the character trains to become a vigilante and gains notoriety. And while the pacing can be kind of slow, it allows time for Kersey to grow frustrated and exhaust other avenues before turning to vigilantism. Rather tame for an Eli Roth film, Death Wish is an entertaining, though pretty run-of-the-mill revenge film that doesn't do anything new or interesting with the material.
November 23, 2018
I really liked it. I liked the more solem Willis. I think people went to this thinking it would be old Death Wish + John McClane from Die Hard and that is why they were disappointed.
November 20, 2018
very refreshing! can't believe hollywood allowed this to be made! one of the few good remakes out there.
November 9, 2018
So glad I didn't go by the ratting on here! This movie was great!
November 2, 2018
It may look like your typical, brainless vigilante, action movie, and there is some truth in that, but I think it also has good social commentary on America's insane gun culture. The good old American dream is ruined by non stop violence is what I see in this pic. And it's good enough, while I never saw the original from 1974, which was supposed to be better, this one brings action fans just what they love, and partly thanks to director Eli Roth's gory tastes for brutal killings, and a good lead performance by Bruce Willis. Although Roth is better known for directing horror movies, I think the overall result in decent and you should decide for yourself. Recommended!!
½ November 1, 2018
Solid piece of work from all concerned, given you know the story already the scope for surprises is limited but Bruce Wills "injects" some force into the role and the result is pretty satisfying.
½ November 1, 2018
Very underrated movie. I thought Willis did a fine job in this film & he looks more interested in this role than he has in quite awhile.
½ October 28, 2018
This is Bruce Willis doing what he does best and it's so good to see him back in action. Death Wish plays out like you might expect but it's thrilling and entertaining to the last second. I had a great time watching this movie and am glad I ignored the negative reviews and gave it a shot.
October 28, 2018
A well done movie remake full of action scenes that you would expect to see
October 21, 2018
Really hoping for a sequel
½ October 20, 2018
A perfect movie for every man who has balls. Liberals hate it because its a white man protecting his family from criminals. Disgusting I know. Great acting, pacing and action. Watch it with your brothers and sons.
October 19, 2018
Death Wish had me wishing for the same.
½ October 15, 2018
Es demasiado tÝpica y Bruce Willis act˙a sin gracia. Pero lo bestia que es le da un puntillo extra.
½ October 12, 2018
Bruce Willis was awesome and this was one of the most enjoyable "revenge" stories ive watched to date. Great story and pacing
October 11, 2018
Very entertaining with a good amount of funny moments too. Ending is satisfying. Definitely gonna rewatch it again someday. Those that can't imagine a doctor being very masculine must not have a lot of hospital experience.
½ October 9, 2018
I held back on watching because of the 17% rating but I then realised most of the critics' views were from a leftist socio-political standpoint and they would have still hated the film even if it had been immensely thrilling and entertaining. It wasn't, but it was still a decent action movie which was actually somewhat contemplative on the thorny subject of vigilantism. I'm no right-wing nut but I'm no snowflake either, and it gets a solid three and a half here.
October 7, 2018
Absolutely incredible movie, it is one of those movies that makes you just want to jump up and cheer on the good guy!