Death Wish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Wish Reviews

June 18, 2018
I have never seen the original, so I can't compare.
This is the sort of movie that could have just been a fun romp. It could have been like Taken (it has a very similar basic plot line). But the acting was laughably bad at times and the movie really never kicked in. It wasn't bad. But it also wasn't good.
½ June 18, 2018
This is a remake of the original Death Wish with Charles Bronson. Instead of an Architect that Charles Bronson played, Bruce Willis plays a Doctor. The first 30 minutes are a bit of a mess. All over the place to set up the story of why Bruce's character turns vigilante. It was interesting they used Dean Norris (aka Breaking Bad and Under the Dome) as the Detective. He seemed a bit out of his element as I almost laughed in most of his scenes. Very good character actor, just not the right role for him. Also casting Bruce Willis in this role was a bit interesting as well as we are all used to Bruce being the hero from the get-go instead of a normal guy who turns. My favorite scene just like the end was the last scene. We saw of what Bruces character had become. I wish they would have gotten to that part earlier in the film. It was not bad, but it could have been better, especially the story line.
½ June 18, 2018
Bruce Willis playing a badass dad who is avenging his wife's death! I like how the movie shows the dangers living in Chicago and how easy it is to become a victim of a violent crime. A great movie I don't mind watching again!
June 17, 2018
Loved it. He captured every emotion well...
½ June 17, 2018
Is it rather cheesy? Sure. Is the acting of Bruce Willis... not the best? Yep. Manages to be entertaining though, could rewatch if there was nothing else to do certainly.
½ June 17, 2018
From time to time we all need a simple movie. Not a 2 1/2 hour drama with twists and turns or some nearly 3 hour superhero movie. This is a simple revenge thriller that goes straight forward and is just entertaining to watch. It's really nice in it's simplicity. You rarely get pictures like this anymore. And honestly: Finally some nice violence again.
½ June 17, 2018
Not as good as the original. Could have been better made. It should have been...
June 17, 2018
All you need to see is the huge difference in audience and critics to know they can't just judge a movie without factoring their polictocs into it.

I'm sure the reason they rated it low is because there are scenes with criminals who are minorities and the lead character gets guns after people tell him he needs protection because the police can't protect everyone.
June 17, 2018
Have to say, dont know what the critics were thinking on this one. I found the movie pretty good. Slow start, but that doesn't last long and loved the ending.
June 17, 2018
This movie was great! I love the ending. Why does the staff for rotten tomatoes act like such left leaning cry babies?!?!
June 16, 2018
Just look at the audience score vs the "top critics" and you can see how no one actually things they way critics do, everyone in Hollywood is brain washed to think the same way. There opinions have become completely irrelevant. Great movie
June 16, 2018
Started slow, but turned out to be pretty entertaining.
June 16, 2018
Nice movie to see at home
June 16, 2018
Excellent, looking forward to the sequel.
June 16, 2018
great characters great story great movie
June 15, 2018
I enjoyed the movie. It was a good action, revenge tale with just the right amount of emotional moments.
June 15, 2018
Action packed from start to finish. Keeps you on the edge of your seat!!
June 15, 2018
80's style revenge movie with a better script.
½ June 15, 2018
This is a revenge flick that is panmed critically for political reasons and that alone. By no meams is this a perfect movie, there is a good chunk of cheesy writing, but I think all in all this is just a good revenge flick. Saying this movie is bad because of the maon cjaracter being a vigilante using guns is ridiculous because, 1. They actively make fun of and oversimplify the process of purchasing a firearm, and 2. It is just a popcorn movie about a man getting revenge not ment to send the message of "take to the streets and kill people" and it is unfair to rate it so poorly because of something it doesn't stand for.
June 15, 2018
Shockingly, refreshingly politically INCORRECT!!! A good old fashioned revenge story. No doubt it drove the liberals nuts. Hollywood, I didn't know you had it in ya'!!!