Death Wish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Wish Reviews

September 19, 2018
I absolutely love this movie I think Eli Roth did an amazing job
September 17, 2018
Death Wish guides Bruce Willis back to his cinematic roots. To be fair this movie has its faults, but for the most part Death Wish is a badass revenge action flick where you get to see Bruce Willis kick some ass. I think this was a satisfiyng movie, the gore and the revenge/vigilante killings offered by Bruce Willis were great. The acting is decent and honestly I had a great time watching this movie, the audience at the cinema reacted positively as well. The only problem this movie has and was the reason why this movie was not successful at the box office is that is was released a few days after the Colombine School Massacre.
Furthermore, I think Death With is a decent remake to the original movie staring Charles Bronson. They have changed enough to the story not too much. I like that Paul Kersey is a doctor and not an architect like in the original series. Overall I am giving this movie 4/5 stars.
September 12, 2018
Bruce Willis at his best and what the movie viewing experience should be. Great action from start to stop and one of those films you wish could be longer. I'll definitely see it again and add it to my DVD collection. A classic badass action movie.
September 11, 2018
Great movie that embodies death wish in a modern context. The gun shop scenes are absolutely on point regarding the draconian process to buy a gun legally in shitholes like chicago. This is the kind of movie people want to see.
½ September 11, 2018
"It's not as good as the original" he said, shocking absolutely no one.

It's alright though. I don't think that I'll watch this Bruce Willis version ever again, but I actually didn't hate my experience here.
September 9, 2018
Worth a watch but nothing beats the original
September 7, 2018
Death Wish is Back!
Probably financed by the Rifle Association has no surprises but is as effective as the original.
Great to see with friends and cheer up the "Heroe"
Probably the second will go straight to Netflix
September 6, 2018
nicely Paced throughout, had me hooked the whole way through, Cast does a great job and no noticeable SJW infection
½ September 2, 2018
I love this type of film if I'm in the right mood, I also enjoy Eli Roth films. Vigilante film, which made me excited for the new Bruce Willis Unbreakable follow up.
September 2, 2018
Just a simple movie, a man, a family, murderers, simple love it, defend yourself, he wasn't terminator just a simple man taking care of business, anyone could get related to him done what anyone would do.
September 1, 2018
The audience rating of 74% vs the 'professional' critics ratings of 17% should tell you something. Critics didn't like this movie going into it. It's beyond evident that their feedback is strictly political. Do yourself a favor and watch this one anyway. Awesome movie and awesome performance by Willis, D'Onofrio, and Camila Morrone. This ended up being one of my favorite movies.
September 1, 2018
Great movie that was only given bad reviews b/c of politically obsessed critics.
August 31, 2018
Saw it. It was awesome. The best of his career. Too bad people are complaining instead of going to see this one.
August 27, 2018
Very pleasant surprise. I went ot it on a whim. I seen the charles bronson original years ago. I thought this was excellent.
August 25, 2018
It was alright for a b grade movie. fairly poorly acted re: grief.
½ August 24, 2018
Other than Willis' performance being a little flat (I think intentionally), this had a decent story and a little action.
½ August 22, 2018
Good B Movie. MUCH better than the negative "Pro" reviews would suggest.
August 18, 2018
18%? All the negative reviews on the front page are reviewing the politics. For real people, this movie is great. Way more truth than you will get from a liberal film, although I'm not sure how he got ahold of a full-auto, suppressed AR pistol so quickly in heavily gun controlled (for the law-abiding) Chicago. The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. It's got a lot of truth in it that you won't see in the typical Hollywood movie because they are required to stick to the Democrat's narrative.
August 17, 2018
Terrific remake of the Charles Bronson original classic. Bruce Willis was the perfect Paul Kersey. Loved the movie
August 16, 2018
It is interesting to see how politically loaded the critic reviews are. The movie was quite entertaining. It has to be viewed on its own merit and not as a supposedly pro-gun movie in the context of growing gun crisis and massacres in the United States. Ban the guns like Australia, but keep them in the movies. For me, this movie improves on the original. The choice to make him a doctor was a good move that helps get around his recovery from injuries and not having to report them. I found the movie solid, in the tradition of The Brave One (Jodie Foster).