Death Wish 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Wish 3 Reviews

½ July 15, 2016
Unintentionally one of the funniest films I have ever seen; definitely extremely entertaining and worth watching. A so-bad-it's-good gem of the highest order. It's as if director Winner and star Bronson--a fine actor in his best and most-remembered role ever--got wasted at some BBQ and just decided, 'Alright, let's do something so different from the first two. Let's throw caution to the wind and just go for it.'

Balsam and Lauter are outstanding, and heartily show why in the 70's and 80's, they were so great to watch in supporting roles.
June 13, 2016
My favourite Death Wish movie by far
January 12, 2016
One of the so bad it's good action films.
December 28, 2015
Not sure if this movie was trying to be a comedy or a serious movie, because I was laughing at the wrong parts were I shouldn't be laughing.
November 20, 2015
My biggest problem with this film is that by turning Paul kersey into Rambo , its solid portrayal of the plight of elderly whites in North Brooklyn got lost in the mish mash . Like every DW , the beginning was solid , Bronson was a treat , and his love interest was definite eye candy . But rubbing out a half dozen or so creeps per flick should generate enough tension and action for any crime movie . Portraying the gang leaders as white was more that ridiculous....and yes, I know the turf , having spent almost 30 years teaching special education classes in East NY , where the film takes place and where it was substantially shot . In summary , a mess , albeit sometimes an entertaining one, taking away from a story that needed to be told .
½ October 14, 2015
The best of the Death Wish sequels. Bronson is back as Kersey, this time sporting the huge gun Dirty Harry used in the Dead Pool. I hope he didn't steal it because then he'd have to shoot himself. Even though the film is cartoonish and the film's villains are more cute than menacing, it isn't the worst action movie ever made, though I can sympathize with anyone who thinks it is.
I like some of Golan/Globus' work but I don't think Death Wish 3 is their masterpiece.
As for the big gun, it isn't used very much and is supplemented by many other lethal instruments of death.
October 12, 2015
After dispatching justice through the Midwest, Charles Bronson is back in NYC. Attempting to lay low, he his arrested for a murder he didn't commit. On condition of his release, he is tasked with dealing some vigilante justice on the streets by the police captain. Far more over-the-top than its predecessors, 3 sees our hero taking on dozens of multi-culti street punk baddies with the help of fully-automatic weaponry and a rocket launcher. Cannon Films doing what they did best.
September 23, 2015
Here's a film entirely made by it's third act. The setup is good. Bronson is good. There's a good supporting cast, especially Gavan O'Herlihy, best known as the vanishing Chuck Cunningham from "Happy Days", who is balls-out wonderful as the main villain with his crazy inverse mohawk and even crazier eyes. The middle act is kind of dull ... the film treads water for a while ... but the third act is pure insanity of the best kind. I can't swear I completely understand why all hell breaks loose in the climax, but with Bronson wielding military weapons against a ghetto full of bikers and cartoon gang members, I don't really care why it's happening ... it's all good.
August 18, 2015
Horribly entertaining.
July 12, 2015
a 'how to' guide to killing gang members with lines of warpaint on their foreheads
June 3, 2015
Remember in the original Death Wish where Paul Kersey is the silent hero who goes out in the dark streets of New York and kills any thug that threatens him?
Well, this is the point in the Death Wish franchise where the makers suddenly decided that Paul Kersey is now a action hero in the likes of Rambo and Commando, with a big supply of weapons, including a machine gun and a rocket launcher to use against an army of thugs that rule the almost post-apocalyptic looking part of New York.
Despite this, it is still a gritty film with a lot of graphic moments that the Death Wish films are known for, just a bit more over the top, and it's not exactly a bad thing.
½ April 26, 2015
Such a great sequel. Looks like Kersey had turned into a flat out mass murderer. He's like a wrecking ball. lol
March 24, 2015
Just a money grab......damn it Charles.
½ March 10, 2015
Altamente inconsequente... Satisfação garantida.
March 9, 2015
-IGNORE THIS "OUT OF FIVE" RATING
1/4
Bronson's back to New York, where he continues to rid the world of scum. While better than PART II, it's still extraordinarily stupid, sometimes stunningly awful acting, with some hilarious dialogue, too.
½ February 6, 2015
A cheap reason to sadly attempt to cash-in on the original (and maybe sequel of) Death Wish.
½ January 3, 2015
The franchise Cannon (group) continues!
Charles Bronson returns as a sixty something vigilante some 10 years after the original Death Wish film.
After a hiatus in Los Angeles Kersey returns to New York City for this escapade helping residents (mostly elderly) in some gang infested sink area of the city.
However this time Bronson as Paul Kersey acts with the secret full knowledge of an NYPD cop that has known of his antics from the beginning.
The film is appalling. The acting is pure non existent! The entertainment is gained from seeing the array of weopenry that Kersey uses and booby traps he uses.
The Cannon Group filed for bankcrupty in the early 1990s. After a string of releases like this that is hardly surprising. Sundance it ain't.
One question I have of the local residents many of whom are OAPs. Why live in the area?
Ive seen part IV so its onto Death Wish V next. How old is the late Charles Bronson in that.
Some interesting bits of trivia about this. It is the final Death Wish film directed by the also late Michael Winner.
Bronson himself apparently disliked the film.
Most of the film was shot (pardon the pun) in London, UK not New York City.
½ November 20, 2014
The only was to enjoy this movie is to decide that you are going to make fun of a bad movie. Re: the best he can do is this silly contraption in the door window that slaps a board at the face of the intruders? At least Kersey gets laid before the awkward romance with the Public Defender is suddenly blown away. I truly felt sorry for Mr. Bronson here. Laughing at a vigilante movie is never a good thing.
September 15, 2014
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* Death Wish (1974)
* Death Wish II (1981)
* Death Wish 4: The Crackdown (1987)
* Death Wish V: The Face Of Death (1993)

and i also own it on Blu-Ray.
April 16, 2014
If you've seen the past Death Wish films, not much has changed in terms of the plot. Death Wish 3 is by no means a perfect film, but has massive entertainment value due to its ludicrous climax and absurd premise.