Deep Impact Reviews

• Sep 25, 2019

Definitely a cool concept, would be a good remake. It was just okay. If you like end of the world type movies and havent seen it. Its worth a watch.

• Aug 09, 2019

Its a good and memorable disaster movie

Its a good and memorable disaster movie

• May 03, 2019

Deep Impact is a serious movie about a serious threat. Armageddon takes that same threat and tries to make it funny in an overblown, over budget, over CGI'd way. Throw in its predictable ending, and its just not that good of a movie. Deep Impact approaches the situation in a more serious, and more plausible way. That paired with a good ending, makes it a good film. It will always be the better of the two.

• Feb 26, 2019

Probably the best movie of all time in my opinion.

Probably the best movie of all time in my opinion.

• Jan 17, 2019

I love science fiction of any kind and even big budgeted "leave your brains home" movies are fun but Deep Impact left me wanting more. Probably because the special effects extravaganza comes and goes so soon, or maybe the poor character development is poor but I don't remember much of this film. Also, while the film teases us with some dramatically-rich ideas (How would men and women react if they knew that the end of the world was imminent?), it doesn't follow through. We're given glimpses of possibilities, but nothing is developed, and that makes it all the more frustrating. It all turns into background noise in the lives of about a dozen two-dimensional, stock characters. Needless to say, the movie isn't as profound as the title suggests. In fact, when considering the impact of Leder's film, the word "shallow" leaps to mind far more readily than "deep." A one time watch.

• Sep 28, 2018

Uninspired melodrama

Uninspired melodrama

• Sep 10, 2018

Too long. Got bored long before the end.

Too long. Got bored long before the end.

• Jul 24, 2018

Ignore the rating of the critics, I beg of you. Deep Impact holds in its grasp what is missing in so many disaster movies: realism and character. The disaster itself is far more grounded in science than perhaps any disaster movie save for possibly "Dante's Peak," and it dares to try and make us care more about the characters and what will happen to them and the world around them instead of just the carnage. Oh, you're just looking for carnage? Well, the disaster scene itself is one of the best on film, certainly for its era. A must see for disaster lovers, and in this guy's opinion, the best ever made.

• Jun 29, 2018

Don't know why this movie has such a low RT score. I feels so much more real than the other comet hitting earth movie. It had realistic charters that I cared about. And the science at least made an attempt at being accurate.

• Jun 05, 2018

Love this movie! It really tugs at the heartstrings, and provides a decent disaster movie plot.