Dinotasia Reviews

• Mar 12, 2019

If youre looking for a flashy bit of fluff with anthropomorphised, talking dinosaurs, dont watch this. It was brutal, inventive, and made attempts to be accurate. People seem to want a plot. How could there be? Each vignette is separated by millions of years, and the subjects have very limited goals beyond survival and reproduction. If you want to see snapshots of creatures attempting to survive in an attempt at realism, check it out. If you want million-dollar effects and a plot, Jurrassic Park awaits.

• Dec 18, 2018

Made it half way through before calling it quits. First of all, I HATE the robotic narration...I'm severely hearing impaired and that robotics crap just don't work with hearing aids. I couldn't make out half of what was said despite increasing volume and replaying some of the scenes multiple times. Secondly, this is not a documentary; documentaries are educational and this is nothing more than a very sad, heartbreaking bunch of "vignettes" based on someones sadistic idealizations about the very young. If it weren't so sad and depressing, it would be a good "cartoon", but nothing more.

• Mar 10, 2018

Really enjoyed watching it and all the stories that they have given to the fossils

• Nov 27, 2017

One of the greatest, underrated movies of all time. Herzog at his finest.

One of the greatest, underrated movies of all time. Herzog at his finest.

• Mar 19, 2017

Not sure why people rated it badly. It's a sad, moving movie. Has very good CGI, not perfect, but still good. Definitely NOT a kid's movie, however. I would watch it once before you show your kids. Great movie! Would watch again many times!

• Jan 14, 2017

W.T.F? Not enough NyQuil in the house to make this make sense.

W.T.F? Not enough NyQuil in the house to make this make sense.

• Dec 01, 2016

As a person who is a big fan of dinosaur documentaries, I thought I would enjoy this film. Omg was I dissapointed. From just watching five minutes of this disgrace of a documentary, I could tell that there was little to no scientific research done on this film. The dinosaurs looked like blends of many different species, which is a poor choice when making a film about dinosaurs. The style of the film was what made me most upset. With the lack of narration throughout most of the film, it looked sloppy and unfinished. It looked to me like they made a kids movie and forgot to put in the voices.

• Aug 30, 2015

My 3yo watches this on Netflix daily but it's mostly quite bad if you are not a dinosaur obsessed toddler. The lack of narration is only a blessing because I have to sit through this so often. It's very frustrating not knowing which dinosaur you are watching and whether there is any science behind the scenario or if it's just fiction. Irritating.

• Jun 02, 2015

I wouldve liked this movie better if it was more like a documentary. The few times the narrorator spoke were honestly really annoying because of his Shakespear style and comparing the events to a play. He dosent even say Dinosaur once. It would've been smart for then to explain more about dinosaurs because not everyone knows a Shunosaurus or a Majungasaurus when they see one. I love dinosaurs, but i got easily bored enough from watching this that when i watch it on netflix, its usually to help me fall asleep. Normally i would defend a dinosaur movie on account i even like Jurassic Park 3 unlike most people, but i dont plan to come to this movies rescue

• Mar 17, 2015

This movie was painful to watch. From the beginning they tugged at our heart strings. Throughout the movie you traveled with different dinos, become emotionally attached to each one. And as you watched them struggle, even die, you nearly cried. On another note, the ending was bad ass as hell. Live on little bird dude. I rate this move 1000000/10