Disneynature Bears - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disneynature Bears Reviews

May 30, 2017
As is the case with all these Disneynature films, the forced, anthropomorphize-d elements are occasionally distracting (though they seem to really work for the kids), but the images and spectacle are undeniable.
May 4, 2017
Some lovely visuals and a nice overall effort. I wasn't a fan of John C. Reilly's narration though. It was distracting. (First and only viewing - 2/17/2015)
November 15, 2016
Great Cinematography as we see the life of a bear from infancy to adult and the journies they encounter. Well done.
½ September 19, 2016
It started really well but the story is dragged out just to get some amazing shots. The shots are stunning doh.
June 21, 2016
Educational nature documentary for all ages.
½ January 30, 2016
My introduction to the Disney-Nature series. I've always enjoyed nature documentaries & this was no exception - although truth be told I've never been that fascinated by bears (yawn). It goes without saying the visuals are spectacular & in terms of the narration - no one beats Attenborough but Reilly did a fair enough job.
January 9, 2016
Good, but would have been better without the distraction that is John C Reilly.
November 22, 2015
Disney Nature's latest documentary is charming, heartwarming, and visually pleasant. Bears just might be the best of its predecessors.
November 15, 2015
Needed to be a little more informative and tries to be funny too much, however this movie is just beautiful to not fall in love with the family of bears
½ November 14, 2015
A beautiful movie about one year cycle in mother bear and her cubs life. Though not too much of scientific facts on animal life, the camera work and the scenery is breathtaking. The commentary is in Disney spirit - funny and appealing to all ages. Adorable!
September 24, 2015
Disney Studios does it again! Another great nature movie!
August 11, 2015
The storyline is cheesy and sappy, and of course anthropomorphises to an absurd degree like every other Disney movie ever created, but the cinematography is absolutely stunning and the real life drama is tense.
½ July 25, 2015
What can I say, one of the most amazing documentaries I've seen, it was a very good movie about bears and nature, this was very well done.
July 12, 2015
An adorable documentary shot in the pristine natural environment of Alaska. Beautiful, funny and thought-provoking. I usually don't watch the bonus features included in the DVD, but I watched every single one of them for this one. This is a movie for the entire family.
½ June 29, 2015
Amazing film. Stunning visuals and footage of Grizzlies that would be hard to find anywhere else. Best movie I've seen in a long time
June 28, 2015
kinda ok...a bit boring. Pretty much that same stuff you can see on Discovery channel / Planet Earth. Only worth watching if you're into nature shows /animal behaviour.
June 23, 2015
A mom and her three cubs' life journey.

One of the latest Disneynature's documentary ventures. There's nothing wrong to call it a grizzly version of 'To the Arctic'. Because both films are about the mother bears and their new born cubs' first year of survival in the wilderness, but the differences are the fur and habitat. Shot in Alaskan coast side, the film crew followed the bear family for one circle of a year's season to capture the beginning of the life journey of newborn cubs with their mother.

Like the Disney films famous for fairy tales and children friendly, Disneynature films as well not too far behind. Their films are not like we watch on Animal planet and Nationa Geography, the uncut and harsh version of animals' survival in the jungle. But a cute and enjoyable little epic tale. This film was narrated by our own jolly fellow John C. Reilly. Some of his lines were too good for kids and family, I mean comical. Like other Disneynature films is a must see for children. Hope along with kids, the adult would have a nice time.

8/10
June 21, 2015
3/17/2015: A nice little documentary.
½ May 20, 2015
Movie with a large oooooooooooohhh how sweet level , magnifesent !
½ May 17, 2015
While some of John C. Reilly's narrative dialog got pretty bad from time to time, it was still very interesting and fun to watch to journey of these family of bears. It is beautifully shot from a very ballsy camera crew.