Doctor Faustus Reviews

• Dec 19, 2018

Lackluster version of the classic tale, directed by Richard Burton.

Lackluster version of the classic tale, directed by Richard Burton.

• Mar 11, 2017

Pretty hard to stomach this sad attempt.

Pretty hard to stomach this sad attempt.

• Dec 02, 2012

Despite overly-cheesy effects, this movie tells the story of the book quite well. I enjoyed Burton's acting. It wasn't the most captivating of movies, but if you enjoy the book and enjoy Elizabethan drama, then you will like this movie.

• Sep 19, 2012

This is a great movie. You have to watch it as though it was a play on stage. Once viewed from that vantage point, it's pure magic, creepy and beautiful.

• Sep 29, 2011

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

• Mar 18, 2011

Richard Burton is great, but this movie was dry and disappointing. And really weird. When you compare the "Seven Deadly Sin" scene in the Marlowe play, this movie just leaves you asking "What did I just see?"

• Nov 30, 2009

This movie is a joke, but I love Burton in it, especially when he says, "Learn thou of Faustus manly fortitude, And scorn those joys thou never shalt possess."

• Mar 11, 2009

Burton really brings Marlowe"s timeless morallity play to life

Burton really brings Marlowe"s timeless morallity play to life

• Dec 26, 2008

This is a pretty good movie; Elizabeth Taylor looks beautiful in this film and is pretty good as an adaptation of Marlowe's Tragic Drama.