Dog Pound Reviews

• Oct 22, 2020

In this obvious US remake of the classic Brit borstal flick "Scum", Kim Chapiiron directs a hard hitting if watered down & far less brutal version of the horrors faced inside a young offenders institution, with inmates battling for supremacy.

• May 06, 2020

I loved it! I truly believed that everything that happened in this movie may actually occur in real life..

• Dec 31, 2019

Great emotional journey through the eyes of troubled youth

Great emotional journey through the eyes of troubled youth

• Aug 16, 2019

Es buena, la he visto más de 3 veces. El morbo que tiene una carcel/prision llama mucho la atención

• Nov 08, 2018

I really enjoyed this movie. I think the cast was perfect and I think the plot was great. I recommend this

• Aug 08, 2016

Congratulations to all who put this together and made it the compelling film that it is. Not a weak link here. Better than The Stanford Prison Experiment which has the same tense confined atmosphere throughout. Interesting to compare and contrast the experiences of the characters in these two movies. (Wondered as I was watching where did America get its fine young actors from - then saw it's a Canadian movie!)

• Jul 23, 2016

This survival tale in correction center is very dark and intense , that will leave you shaken

• May 31, 2016

Despite the numerous prison cliches, this film fully engaged me as a viewer. It provides a gritty snapshot of life inside a correctional institution for boys and the director sufficiently built the story's suspense to a dramatic conclusion. Clearly the director is making the point about how incarcerated youth get caught in a cycle of recidivism due in no small part to the institution's culture. And yet the film's storyline, themes, and purpose don't seem sufficiently addressed by the conclusion of the film, leaving the viewer feeling hopeless and unsatisfied.

• Mar 17, 2016

Its not that sophisticated or special but I can't deny being impressed with it's ending.

• Feb 03, 2016

Not a bad adaptation from the film Scum, gripping and powerful and very much in line with the original version but in a more 21st century tone.