Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragon Reviews

½ February 2, 2014
Utter rubbish! ''epic action adventure'', this film should be taken from the shelves under the trades descriptions act for misrepresentation.
May 30, 2012
When you have no budget and want to film a fantasy film this is what you get. At least they used actors with real accents
September 13, 2009
Biography of the life of Bruce Lee-it is inspirational and action packed!
August 22, 2008
Regardless of the low budget and lack of different environments, I was entertained. It is part one of a trilogy, but I haven't heard anything about the other 2 films being made.
½ August 12, 2008
I was looking forward to this one, but it was pretty weak.
½ June 16, 2008
So my friends see this DVD, right, in our local shop. They see the title: "Dragon". The blurb at the top reads: "The Action of 'Reign Of Fire'. The Adventure of 'Lord OF The Rings'." They seem suitably impressed by it, so bring it round to the larger gathering of us. We sit down and start to watch. I'm not sure if I'm glad that we did or wish that we hadn't.

Putting it very bluntly, this is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD film. It starts off okay - you get suitably epic scenery shots of great mountains, an ominous female narrator talking of a great battle, setting the scene. And then comes the first shot of CGI and you just know that from then on in the film is just going to get worse and worse.

The acting is almost abysmal. Almost, because it is semi-saved by an actually okay performance from Eliza Swenson, with big scary eyes as the witch who created the mythical title beast. Trouble is, my opinion of her is brought down heavily by the fact that she wrote the story. The script is very bad indeed, with very bad dialogue been spouted from mouths with accents that take more dips than a roller-coaster.

The action scenes, the few that there are, are either badly choreographed or full of the worst CGI this side of "Tron". Even the earliest forms of CGI in films is better than the effects in this. The dragon itself is never really fully seen, so there's no sense of menace or...actually, I don't think there's any sense of anything! Some may argue that it's SUPPOSED to be this bad, that it's SUPPOSED to look amateurish. But the major problem with this argument is that the film, at the end of the day, is just incredibly boring. The dialogue scenes are long and slow, and you just feel your eyes drooping, even if you're not tired. If it WAS meant to all be a laugh, it would be less boring, it would be more apparent.

So basically, I hated this film. It's a film that makes you laugh for just sooooo many reasons. It's a very bad film and please, please, PLEASE, unless you like personal torture, please do not subject yourself to its pure awfulness.

May 19, 2008
May 14, 2008
Regardless of the low budget and lack of different environments, I was entertained. It is part one of a trilogy, but I havent heard anything about the other 2 films being made.
½ January 29, 2008
this movie shames fantasy.
½ January 19, 2008
The graphics leave a little something to be desired, and they talk a lot, but the story is really good, and the actors pull it off well.
½ January 12, 2008
the special effects were a tad iffy but twas still gd
October 28, 2007
good action, fun story, and trio combo for great entertainment
½ October 4, 2007
You can tell that this is a low-budget movie!
½ October 3, 2007
Pretty bad acting, but a good story.
September 26, 2007
me and millie moomins loved the dragon, we want to become dragon riders!!!! lovely fantasy movie. x
½ September 14, 2007
I used to watch a lot of B-Movies and still believe they can be a goldmine of happiness. This film which I was forced to watch instead of Dr. Strangelove, which is point against it in the first place, doesn't even qualify as 'so bad it's good'. In places it is entertaining on that level, and there are a couple of surprisingly interesting (though under-developed) ideas here, but far too much time is spent in charismaless bickering. It gets an extra half-star for the use of the word 'footle', but apart from that, this is really just sluggish and annoying. The trailers for other cheapo movies on the DVD held more entertainment. In fact, Snakes on a Train looks like being much better than its 'inspiration'.
September 13, 2007
in a word...Crap will watch again in a year to make sure glad it only cost me 3
½ July 20, 2007
OK, first let me say that I love terrible movies. Attack of the Griffin was a recent favorite. It was so chock full of terrible acting, hilarious special effects and just all around poor quality that I loved it. My friends and I were laughing and cracking jokes the whole way through.

I rented Dragon hoping for a similar experience. I was actually pretty excited. "How can they go wrong?", I thought. "It's a low-budget fantasy film and it's made by Asylum, it's got to be hilarious." Boy was I wrong. There was absolutely nothing funny about this train wreck of a film. We were actually reverting to making jokes about Attack of the Griffin while watching it, because this one gave us no material whatsoever. The acting wasn't funny, it was just bad. The actors made me want to cry rather than laugh. I felt embarrassed for them. Oh, and the direction... Leigh Scott needs to understand that things happen in movies. One of my friends jokingly suggested that a fifth grader could direct a better film. It's a funny suggestion, but unfortunately it's true. I would rather watch a screen adaptation of a ten year old's diary than sit through this rubbish.

I can safely say I have never seen a more poorly conceived film. There is literally no plot. They never do anything in this movie. They stand around and talk. About what, I couldn't tell you, but they do it for hours on end, in between sparse and uneventful "action" scenes. I am seriously disgusted. No B movie has ever left me feeling like this. Leigh Scott should drop the camera and walk away. Right now.
½ July 20, 2007