Driftwood Reviews

• Sep 15, 2015

Written and directed by the same guy who did the fairly awful 2001 Maniacs, this is very different sort of film. It is a serious film about serious issues but with an overlay and ending of ghostly thriller. You could oversimplify matters by describing it as Devil's Backbone with older boys set in 21st Century Florida instead of Spain in the 1920s. The story is disturbing and the most disturbing part is that, aside from the ghost, so much of it is a quite realistic depiction of high priced "attitude adjustment" camps that so many kids wind up in because they smoke a little pot or listen to heavy metal music or are gay. The story is very strong and the direction is solid. The acting is really outstanding. Raviv Ullman gives a powerful performance as a troubled teen thrown into a hellish institution by his clueless parents. Another very outstanding performance is that of Diamond Dallas Page in the role of the villain, who is really great in the role. This is a very good drama with excellent thriller qualities.

• May 28, 2012

I really wanted to like this movie because I like Ricky Ullman, I just couldn't. The plot is terrible. The make-up for the ghost was terrible, the acting wasn't all that great. And Talan Torriero is a major tool. So is DDP.

• May 15, 2012

this film dares to call it terror? scares are basically out of nowhere appears the face of mischievous boy, and not to mention the special effects that rough predictions present the boy, this does NOT WORTH IT! scares are just one more imitation of those videos that aparese the face of Regan (The Exorcist) out of nothing , and still has a cliched story! .

• Jun 27, 2011

Really good movie. Solid acting by the entire cast.

Really good movie. Solid acting by the entire cast.

• Jacob P Super Reviewer
    Jun 09, 2011

With a very few scares, this film fails to meet it's goal for being a scary flick.

• Mar 27, 2011

• Mar 27, 2011

• Mar 02, 2011

Thought this movie was destine for failure when Diamond Dallas Page first showed his face as the main villain, the Warden. But was surprised when the story turned halfway decent. If this movie had better writers and actors who could act, I probably would have liked it a lot. The idea was definitely there.

• Feb 13, 2011

This is one of my most favorite movies. I have seen it 233 times, but wuld watch it again any time. I am so grateful to its director Tim Sullivan for sending the movie to me even before it was released on DVD. I totally loved it and Diamond Dallas Page in it.

• Ken D Super Reviewer
    Jan 20, 2011

Slower paced ghost story which really picks up the pace the longer the movie went, especially in the last act. Diamond Dallas Page Really got into his role and was really the bright spot in this movie. Not the best acting in the world, but was adwequate enough for what this movie was. Nothing new that the story brought to the genre, but at times seemed a littlemore brutal and in your face.