The Eastwood Factor Reviews

• Sep 22, 2016

Simple & straightforward film about the incredible success Clint Eastwood has had & the staggering amount of defining films he has made since his directional debut in 1971. I must admit the film focuses on his typical films & goes over a lot of the gems he made that are lesser known to the public. In my opinion the end of documentary which focuses on Clint's life at home & showed a real human side to the 'Dirty Harry'. Enjoyable for fans of Eastwood.

• May 24, 2012

Well put together doc. about the career of Clint Eastwood as an actor and director, with some good original interviews and a bunch of great clips. If you are a fan, which I am, then give it a watch.

• Aug 20, 2011

Falta alguma profundidade a esta revisão simpática da carreira de Clint Eastwood, com montes de excertos dos filmes e testemunhos daquele que será um dos últimos clássicos. A condensação das cenas mais marcantes, nos últimos 45 minutos do documentário, serve tambà (C)m para mostrar que a apoteose dramática, nos filmes de Clint Eastwood, acontece sempre com a morte de um protagonista e muitas vezes às mãos de alguà (C)m em absoluto conflito interior. No final, o mestre aparece a andar na praia e a jogar golfe, em Carmel, e parece o homem mais normal do mundo.

• Dean M Super Reviewer
    Aug 01, 2011

This 90-minute documentary on the career of legend Clint Eastwood focuses in on his directorial work at Warner Bros is just interested because I'm a huge fan of Eastwood. As with most documentaries by Richard Schickel, he lets the act himself tell the story so we get Eastwood going one-on-one with the camera and discussing his films, his way of shooting things and other bits of trivia including his golf game. It's good to see the former actor turned director looks back at some of his lesser known works and discuss why he made them and how he feels about them today. The documentary also covers some more interesting grounds including Eastwood taking us on a trip to some of his sets and how they look today.

• Aug 01, 2011

• Jun 14, 2011

Recently included as an extra on the Blu-ray release of Hereafter, this is a cracking retrospective of Eastwoods 35+ year relationship with Warner Bros. taking in his films as both actor and director. There is no dirt to be had here, just a solid look through Eastwoods varied filmography narrated by Morgan Freeman with Eastwood pitching in at various points to discuss many of his films.

• Jan 25, 2011

An interesting documentary because it summarizes the essence of the great career of Clint Eastwood. It puts us back to memorable scenes in these films that have marked several generations. Morgan Freeman have chosen to tell his career is a very good idea because it is a great actor and was able to surprise us for the roles he took in the movies of Clint. Even if it's a good time relaxing, we feel that this documentary because they lack toughness chain the cult scenes and to pass the time they make us go behind the scenes of the studios, but we could do without because this is not the main topic. Some interviews because they lack the charm away his career and we expect them to have their reaction.

• Aug 20, 2010

Decent documentary about "The Man From Malpaso." Lot of behind the scenes footage of Eastwood is a huge plus. While it will educate casual fans, it leaves die hards like myself yearning for more.

• Jun 19, 2010

• Jun 09, 2010

Nothing extraordinary here. Nothing really new either. Still, if you're in the mood to walk down memory lane with Clint Eastwood this will get the job done more or less. Hits on all the major flicks: The Spaghetti Westerns, Outlaw Josey Wales, Dirty Harry, Unforgiven, Mystic River...but I kinda wish we saw some Pink Cadillac, some Blood Work, some In the Line of Fire. Shame. VF.