Elektra - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elektra Reviews

½ July 9, 2017
If Daredevil proved anything, is that it was terrible and did not need any spin-offs to justify it. The only thing this disaster justifies is that Jennifer Garner is actually pretty decent as Elektra.
½ July 5, 2017
The story isn't bad, but it's told through too many flashbacks and flashforwards with not enough time spent crafting compelling characters in the present. Equally the cast isn't terrible although they are underwritten, lack spark or warmth and are made to whisper much of their dialogue in hope of it sounding more cool or profound. The action is uniformly poor, however, with some decent effects but boring choreography and things happening that aren't explained. Ultimately it ends up being unremarkable and forgettable.
July 4, 2017
A generic action movie with bland characters and a thin plot. Jennifer Garner and some decent action sequences are the main highlights.
May 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ April 2, 2017
some good action but mainly boring. Jennifer Garner annoys me for some reason.
March 14, 2017
Daredevil(2003) is a guilty pleasure, this can just fuck off altogether.
½ January 6, 2017
Elektra ó: como no hacer una película de acción competente.
Un spin-off que está lleno de clichés, esincreíblemente básica en función y donde encima las actuaciones son horribles. Ya manisfeté desprecio respecto a la Elektra del Universo Cinematográfico, pero incluso la sosa interpretación de Elodie Yung supera a esta cosa.
½ December 16, 2016
a missed opportunity for the character of Frank Miller
September 28, 2016
Goes along with the Daredevil movie that it continued~
September 24, 2016
Slated by critics, but there are good parts of the movie, the villains are diverse, the cinematography is good, and Garner is a capable actress. I just wished she smiled more, and that Daredevil had a proper cameo.
August 27, 2016
AWESOME... FUN.... ENJOYABLE!! This movie entertained me the whole way through, and being the MARVEL fan I am... I LOVED this! I don't see why it gets the hate it gets! Like did we all watch the same movie? I think this is one of the best Fox Marvel movies we've got! (5/5)
July 26, 2016
While Jennifer Garner seems committed enough to the role and the action is slightly exciting at times, this spin-off of the 2003 Daredevil movie sucks. The writing is bad, the CGI looks too obvious, after that first scene, the audience is left restless waiting for the next action sequence instead stuck watching Elektra's nightmare about a horned devil killing her mother and the poster (let alone the trailers) are misleading. She hardly wears her red satin outfit. The film hardly acknowledges that it's related to Daredevil (Just 2 brief flashbacks showing her in her black leather outfit and a deleted scene involving Matt Murdock). This is one of Marvel's more crappier films. But look on the bright side, it's a more entertaining watch when compared with the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot (often referred to as Fant4stic).
½ June 16, 2016
Elektra is indeed entertaining, but not enough to redeem itself. The story was good, but the execution was terrible. Decent peroformance, but it wasn't enough to make it strong to make it epic. Near the ending is when it was just like ok what the heck Rob Bowman. They need to remake this film. However it wasn't entirely bad. It was ok.
½ June 9, 2016
I like Jennifer Garner.
½ May 6, 2016
Holy crap is this movie awful I thought afflecks daredevil had at least somewhat of a story this movie is terrible
April 30, 2016
er... its different... not neccessarily in a good way... Zod's in it so its not all cock and balls
½ April 24, 2016
God, was this film so fucking boring
April 17, 2016
Elektra still falls, just barely, under my umbrella of guilty pleasure watches, despite an awful script and a poorly suited Garner, who looks as out of place as a cat in water. That being said, the movie has a bit of visual flair and these are characters I enjoy in the comic world. Until we receive a better adaptation, this will have to do. It's certainly better than the Daredevil movie.
½ April 4, 2016
Affreux comme film. J'y vois AUCUNE qualité. Surtout après la dernière saison de Daredevil. Worst superhero movie ever!

n.b. Je n'avais pas trouvé si mauvais Daredevil avec Ben Affleck.