Eleven Men Out (Strakarnir okkar) Reviews

• Sep 05, 2015

Eleven Men Out is tedious to watch due to its mostly unlikeable characters and very little story to tell with a monotonous outcome

• Aug 20, 2011

Wow! what a rollercoaster of probable thrills in this quite possibly good/shit sports themed piece of cinematography. Sweaty jocks with sweaty jocks and balls galore.. Hurrraaaaahhh!!!! it would probably have reminded me of my dear friend Bunty D'amore and his arse loving chums from the Winchester Club if I'd bothered to watch it. Truly awful 2.2 /00000.13 and a dirty great thumbs down from me folks.

• Jan 11, 2011

Much wasted potential. Expediency of plot does not mean character or subtleties should be sacrificed just because you have a topical storyline.

• Oct 22, 2009

Ugh I really wanted to like this movie but the plot line really goes nowhere. Other than the hot main character coming out, nothing else happens.

• Oct 22, 2009

• Jun 07, 2009

Great concept for a movie. If you like this theme, watch Guys and Balls, it's a better version of this theme, though still not top notch. Not much to say about this movie, kinda drab, ground breaking at the time but boring in plot, story and acting.

• Mar 20, 2009

Public coming out of icelandic football star raises the problem of homosexuality in sport world, which still seems to be taboo. A story with potential, but the movie is average.

• Sep 21, 2008

Hilarious film about being the number one football-star in Iceland - but gay

Hilarious film about being the number one football-star in Iceland - but gay

• Aug 13, 2008

I liked the hunky footballers (well, the ones who were hunky, at least) but the English translation was horrible (maybe so horrible it was good) and the plot was rather boring. Occasionally it was genuinely funny, though.

• Aug 04, 2008

Saw this on a very busy day at TIFF (four movies in 9 hours). It was probably good, but I was so tired I fell asleep anyway. Icelanders speak way too fast to follow along when you're tired!