Escapade in Japan Reviews

• Dec 03, 2018

One of the earliest roles of Clint Eastwood. A plane on its way to Japan is forced to land at sea just off the Japanese coast. A small American boy survives the ditching but is separated from the rest of the passengers and crew and is picked up by a Japanese fisherman, who takes the boy back to his village. The boy is befriended by the fisherman's son, but when they see Japanese police swarming over the village, they are afraid that they've done something wrong and run away, although the police are only searching for the missing boy. There's not much here to see but this is a decent action flick. (Watch it to get a glimpse of Clint).

• Aug 01, 2015

Rather dull and aimless story about two boys, one Japanese and one a white American, who set off across a peaceful post-WWII Japan, while their parents search for them. The parents story of trying to find the kids is boring. The child actors were annoying. The only reason to watch this film is for the picturesque photography of Japan and hot a historical perspective of American's towards a post WWII Japan. Clint Eastwood apparently appears in the film as a pilot, but I missed it.

• Nov 21, 2013

It feels a litlle a Disney film in places given there's no tension in the fact the boy is missing as we see his enjoyable antics throughout, therefore we don't sympathise too much with the parents as there's no danger.

• Mar 10, 2009