Fast Food Nation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Food Nation Reviews

September 15, 2017
Could this movie have possibly been more drawn out and pointless? If it was attempting to make me care, it did a pretty horrible job. Meat dirty. Fast food bad. Got it. What's new?
August 30, 2017
Haven't seen this in eight years, and am in no mood, whatsoever, to watch it again! Stick to the documentary Super Size Me instead.
January 7, 2017
I need to re-watch this, haven't seen it in a while.
½ December 27, 2016
Great cast, but, sadly this movie fails to deliver anythings of substance, but, it does get it's point across about the fast food industry and makes you wonder how much is real
August 7, 2016
Awesome look at the food industry.
½ April 5, 2016
I toss and turn many sleepless nights wondering why Avril Lavigne is in this movie.
February 24, 2016
oh I want to see this still
½ February 10, 2016
Richard Linklater's knack for down-to-earth characters and subtle stories is noticeably missing from Fast Food Nation, a film that feels as artificial as its subject matter.
½ January 3, 2016
Well acted film that is disjointed, clunky, and jumps all over the place, switching between narratives of a fast food chain and a group of Mexicans we neither know (nor care about) much of.
½ December 9, 2015
I was surprised to find that this film had such a low rating. Not only did I find the story to be interesting and to have a pretty authentic feel to it, but I found the performances to be rather stellar as well. I will first off start by saying, yes, this movie is disgusting. It is going to make you not want to eat fast food or maybe meat for quite some time. But the overall scope of the movie and plot to me at least were interesting. Not a film for everyone especially people who live off fast food.
October 13, 2015
nu am terminat de vazut filmul
½ September 21, 2015
Its hard to like this movie but it's also hard to criticize as it's really funny but comparing it to some of Richard Linklaters finer work it look's like an american pie sequel crossed with good burger!
½ August 2, 2015
"It is a sad fact of life, Don, but the truth is we all have to eat a little shit from time to time."

And this film shows you why! A hard, bleak look at the hamburger side of the fast food industry! Lots of different points of view - from the executive, migrant workers, farmers, and the teens behind the counter. Lots of grisly scenes in the meat plant, especially on the killing floor. Very good ending too! Poignant!
½ June 2, 2015
Fast Food Nation's unnecessarily disjointed narrative weakens its overall impact slightly, but it still manages to get its important message across thanks to solidly written social commentary and great performances from the ensemble
September 24, 2014
Too many side stories, too many that didn't seem necessary, too much left unresolved at the end of the movie. Mostly it seemed like a lot of shock value.
August 11, 2014
"Fast Food Nation" is an admirable cinematic experiment, with an interesting - even provocative - cast (Bruce Willis? Avril Lavigne?) that can't stop it from being doomed. In order to be effective, art needs feeling and surprise, both of which are in short order here, with the occasional triumphant line of dialogue ("the most patriotic thing to do is to ignore the Patriot Act"), and two great scenes toward the end-the ambitious young revolutionaries trying their clumsy best and failing, then the eerily soundtracked scene at the kill floor, the only possible climax to a film like this, a moment when every tear is earned. That doesn't stop Linklater from overshooting and numbing that scene's impact with the final shot, a burger handed off to a newly arrived illegal immigrant. It's a microcosm for the rest of the film-100% true, possibly creepy in an Eric Schlosser book, too self-conscious of its cleverness to hit anywhere close to home.
July 25, 2014
The spiritual successor to Altman's Nashville. This is one of Linklater's finest films, a portrait of a machine unaware of its own mechanisms. The magnitude of the parallels presented through the various characters and scenarios is masterfully allegorical.
May 8, 2014
much better than all those Michael Moore movies because it's entertaining and kept me engaged till the end.