Father of the Bride: Part II Reviews

• Nov 08, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Apr 23, 2018

Who cares if it is not an oscar winner. It is funny and entertaining. One of my favorite movies ever.

• Nov 27, 2016

A loose remake of the original sequel "Father's Little Dividend". This film brings back the cast of its predecessor with the same sort of tricks and antics. Nothing truly new or special. Just 2 hours of quasi-comedy related to family. (Rating: 6.5 / 10)

• Oct 03, 2016

Better than the first one if you ask me. The first movie gets more heavy-handed.

• Mar 08, 2016

I really didn't like this movie as much as the first. It didn't have the heart the first did, it just felt like a money grab. Yea it was kind of cool to see both of the women in his life pregnant and the absolute havoc it wreaked in his life, but it just never reached the heights of the first movie.

• Feb 19, 2016

Not great, but has it's moments. Again, Martin Short was the highlight for me, much like the original but they increased his role for this one. Okay movie if looking for a light and easy watch.

• Jan 02, 2016

If the first one was a romantic comedy, I don't know what this is! Boring & stupid, with no laughs at all! George (Martin)'s kid gets pregnant & so does his wife. Simple solution = abortion! 50 year old Nina (Keaton) should not be having a kid! Sorted = no need for rest of the movie.

• Dec 02, 2015

Comme le premier opus, Father of the Bride II est un film qui est constamment sur le fil entre la tendresse et la mièvrerie. Bien évidemment, cette histoire de mère et fille tombant enceintes au même moment sent le sucre, mais la manière dont Charles Shyer et Nancy Meyers traitent le sujet le rend tout aussi intéressant que le premier. Steve Martin est l'homme de la situation, rendant la situation exceptionnelle du héros quasiment ordinaire et réaliste. Quant aux seconds rôles, que ce soit Diane Keaton, Martin Short, Eugene Levy et bien entendu Kimberly Williams-Paisley, ils sont toujours aussi bons. Father of the Bride Part II est une très bonne comédie familiale.

• Oct 09, 2015

It is not as humorous as the first movie but the cast and characters are still loveable enough to carry out a decent second movie. Similar to the first movie, the story is somewhat predictable, and nothing unique. Still, the heartwarming story of a loving family makes it incredibly enjoyable. Steve Martin is more than just a silly, sarcastic comedian with precise timing and delivery. Movies like these two Father of the Bride movies and The Parenthood are showing that he is capable of great warmth and relatable personality. Martin's narration brings charm and depth to the movie. The narration serves a dual purpose, as it is also funny when his honest unfiltered thoughts contradict or exaggerate his exterior physical response. Diane Keaton's chemistry with Martin is still excellent. The two of them seem as organic and effortless as can be. Against the odds, this sequel does not fall on its face, nevertheless; I do not want to see this series continue. I would rather see Steve Martin move on take other roles that highlight his empathy and kindness. That does not mean he should give up being a wild and crazy guy.

• Aug 04, 2015

Father Of The Bride Part II may not live up to the charm of its predecessor, but it delivers just enough laughs once again from the on-screen presences by Steve Martin and Martin Short.