FernGully - The Last Rainforest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

FernGully - The Last Rainforest Reviews

½ November 19, 2016
This movie makes Chicken Little look like the Mona Lisa. And I loved Chicken Little when I was about 9 or below. But this movie makes it terrible. I met to give this 0 stars, but I don't know how. The colors look like puke, the jokes are lame, their lips doesn't match what they're saying, and the voices are anoyying!
November 10, 2016
Temática relevante e cenários lindos que mereciam um roteiro melhor.
July 12, 2016
Loved it When I was a kid. I gave a lot of wondering to how the music was powerful and what the story is. It is good to the environment.
½ June 4, 2016
This was a little decent, if the message wasn't hammered in so much!
½ April 10, 2016
Saw this around the time it first came out and decided to watch it again to catch Robin Williams' work, who is good but used sparingly. The film has a good message, but the story just didn't keep me interested. Tim Curry was a standout. Can't recommend this one.
February 12, 2016
Probablemente sea Hexxus el villano más espantoso de la animación, es sencillamente espeluznante!!! con relación más a este largometraje, creo que las múltiples versiones posteriores acercan cada día más a pensar la obra maestra que las personas pudieron disfrutar a comienzos de los años '90.
January 23, 2016
It's wasn't that bad. Sure we all hate pretentious environmental movies, but this had some good moments. It had kind of relatable characters, a good moral, couple funny bits, and an awesome Tim Curry villain. Sure a lot of weird crap and eye rollers, and of course cliche predictability, but it could have been worse.
November 2, 2015
One my favorite movies. Great message and good voice overs. Has aged very well.
November 1, 2015
One of my all-time favourites from childhood. Pretty animation (especially for the era), wonderful songs, Robin Williams as Batty Koda, Tim Curry as Hexxus... so much awesome! In my mind this story is the original Avatar.
August 25, 2015
Unsubtle, but not overly preachy eco-propaganda for the kids (which is a good thing - damn kids need to learn some serious pro-environmental beliefs before we all die from hubris).
Hands-down, the best aspect of it is the antagonist - some sort of sentient pollution entity appearing to be constituted of crude oil and exhaust smoke. It's just a pity the rest of the film wasn't as inspired, relying far too much on the usual structure of storytelling for animation, making it pretty dull in latter parts (especially in the overly magical deus ex machina aspects).
½ August 1, 2015
It looked like some kind of flying rat!

A group of fairies live in a portion of the rainforest known as Fern Gully. A group of humans are cutting their way through the forest threatening Fern Gully. A curious fairy encounters a human and accidentally shrinks him to her level. The two learn more and more about each other and quickly discovering some educating needs to happen on both sides quick or Fern Gully may be done for.

"Humans can't feel anything; they're numb from the brain down."

Bill Kroyer, director of three short films, delivers Fern Gully in his lone directorial feature film. The storyline for this picture is interesting and well done. I thought the plot was interesting. The animation style is nothing special and two dimensional. The voices fit the characters well and include Christain Slater, Robin Williams, Tim Curry, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Tone Loc, and Samantha Mathis.

"Am I dead?"
"We could fix that for you."

Fern Gully is a film I came across on Netflix and added to my wish list to watch with my daughter. We both loved it and were glued to it from beginning to end. I thought the fairies were well done and the plot unfolds well. This is a worthwhile addition to the genre.

"There's a little man on the windshield here."

Grade: B-
½ June 28, 2015
Great message for kids
½ May 27, 2015
this movie is awful, it made no money no sense, it's fucking shit
May 18, 2015
Ferngully is a beautiful movie. I saw it as a child and fell in love with it. As an adult I still love it.
April 28, 2015
Childhood favorite. Adolescent favorite. Adulthood favorite.
April 6, 2015
Tinkerbell the enviormentalist????
½ March 23, 2015
Forgettable music and a mediocre story (even for a kid's movie) make for a whole lot of meh.
March 22, 2015
was my favorite movie as a kid
March 5, 2015
I found the animation quite horrible for it's time and it certainly doesn't hold up to today's standard. This also had some of the worst music I have ever heard in an animated film. Even so, the core message of the film is good for kids.