The Ferryman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ferryman Reviews

May 29, 2014
A horrifying experience, not because it was scary but because it was really bad. I hate the acting, I hate the script, I hate the casting. There's nothing enjoyable about this film. The scariest part was the animal cruelty I think. Please stop trying to make good New Zealand films happen, it's not gonna happen. This is just utterly embarrassing.
November 29, 2013
Just a terrible movie. I thought Ghost Ship was pretty bad, but this was just unbearable. It has already been wiped from my mind it was that bad. I can enjoy B grade movies, but this wasn't even close to B grade.
August 2, 2013
The mood and look are about right, and the make-up works, but the plot is a little thin, it only really comes together at the end, before that it's all about the psychology of relationships with plenty of blood thrown in.
½ May 14, 2013
Kinda boring and not really scary. Some parts are a little scary, but not intense. It's not really bloody, either. I saw it on the SyFy channel, so I should have known better.
½ November 21, 2012
hate it, I thought it was crap, I will not watch this film ever again, I thought it was really crap, it starred Kerry Fox, John Rhys-Davies and Amber Sainsbury, don't want it on DVD, thought it was crap
½ November 3, 2012
Low budget horror from New Zealand. Didn't really get the connection to Charon, the ferryman of Hades, who makes a somewhat brief appearance near the end. The acting is subpar, but the blood effects are pretty good. The storyline is corny, and the "effect" during the transfer of bodies looked more like an epileptic seizure than anything supernatural going on. There is a scene of animal cruelty involving a dog which is supposed to depict just how evil this entity is. Any tension which might have been built up was ruined by the overacting cast. I applaud the effort of the filmmakers by giving it a 1/2 star more than it deserves.
April 8, 2012
An ok horror, nothing special.
April 6, 2012
Well..... it was different that's for sure. Could see the twist at the end coming from a mile off but otherwise this was a fairly unique horror.
½ April 6, 2012
November 1, 2011
Dumb, reminds of my life right now somewhat.
July 3, 2011
The unnecessary violence towards a poor dog was the movies last moment of trying to hold out as a decent picture! The idea that a dagger has the ability to transfer you from one body to another is quite ridiculous and from whacked characters to an odd segment of having to watch someone else pleasure themselves in your body. It really wasn't all that good!
June 7, 2011
A good paranormal movie with a pretty cool plot.
April 6, 2011
low budget horror movie starts off intresting then gets a bit draggy but picks up near the end, overall nice
February 27, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I thought it would be awful but I found myself enjoying the story of a Greek spirit who has been running from death for hundreds of years. A quartet of vacationers catch a ride to Fiji on a small boat but take a detour to pick up John Rhys-Davies. Too bad he's carrying the Greek spirit who will work his way through the group.
Shrewlord
½ January 10, 2011
Low budget shocker but with some tension and atmosphere which make it less forgettable than many.
½ October 18, 2010
October 2, 2010
It's an odd film to start off, but got interesting and sick!
August 19, 2010
Dodgy, grisly paranormal yacht-set horror. 6 folks stranded at sea with evil stalking them. ½ crap, ½ ace. All watchable.
½ May 26, 2010
Go for a walk. Have a snack. Read some comic books. Just find SOMETHING to do with that 100 minutes other than watching this dog of a movie.