The Fifth Element Reviews

• 2d ago

I love this movie. It's one of my guilty pleasure movies. It's a movie I can watch numerous times and never get bored with it. Chris Tucker's performance is amazing. He's so funny and amusing in this movie. Brice Willis and Milla Jovovich are good in this movie too. The opera scene and the scene with Chris Tucker and Bruce Willis doing the radio show or whatever that was was really fun and entertaining. Just an awesome movie!

• Jun 15, 2020

Luc Besson's distinct style is in overdrive here. Fast-paced with some unbelievable scenes - just as intended. A good vehicle for Bruce Willis.

• Jun 03, 2020

This is a lot different from what I expected. It's cartoonish in certain ways, especially Gary Oldman and Chris Tucker's characters. The special effects look really dated, even though it was only 23 years ago. The movie for the most part is entertaining, but it lost me in the end when it tried to throw in this love story out of nowhere.

• May 31, 2020

There are just so many annoying characters in this film. Not funny characters, annoying characters. While the movie is fast paced, the editing is very choppy and feels like some key scenes were left on the cutting room floor. The ending is infuriatingly sentimental and melodramatic, and a sorry disappointment for sitting through the rest of the movie. It has some visually exciting moments, and Bruce Willis' comedic wit is on display. But, not enough to overcome the annoyance.

• May 23, 2020

One of the best! Absolutely love this excellent film

One of the best! Absolutely love this excellent film

• May 22, 2020

As one of my favorites, I will obviously be biased in this review. The Fifth Element is a fun, dramatic 90's perspective of what our future would look like. It brings together an ancient prophecy and a fictional futuristic society in which one underdog is able to save the planet with the most obvious of weapons - - LOVE.

• May 19, 2020

A zippy and vibrant piece of sci-fi actions that satires the growing weirdness and oddly placed appeal in commercialism.

• May 17, 2020

Action? Check. Sci-fi? Check. A plot-line with conflicts in epic proportions? Check. Luc Besson at his finest.

• May 16, 2020

A sci fi classic, that has enough thrills and action to make you want to watch it again.

• May 13, 2020

I can watch this movie any time! It is so entertaining and randomly good. This is a classic!