First Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

First Blood Reviews

September 25, 2016
I mean, Sylvester Stallone makes Rambo mysterious & alluring. Also this film's message is important.
September 19, 2016
I still really enjoy watching this movie. I feel it has a lot to say about how the public treated war veterans from the Vietnam war. Stallone does a fairly decent job, but he certainly has his slurry moments. I felt like it could have dug a tad bit deeper with the themes it was exploring though. It is still a movie worth seeing at least once.
August 28, 2016
Quite possibly my favourite movie of all time. An action thriller about a Vietnam war veteran dealing with PTSD and anti war rhetoric at home. A shame the successive movies turned into complete comic book clown shows. To me, First Blood is the only Rambo movie in existence.
August 14, 2016
Acorralado no es solo una de las mejores películas de acción de la historia, además de todo un thriller survival, sino también un drama sobre lo duro de la guerra y lo que está puede hacer a un hombre y a una sociedad. Aun tengo escalofríos cada vez que escucho ese último discurso de Rambo...increible.
½ August 10, 2016
Viewers may not know whether or not this film is worth turning off brain cells for this film, because this is more than just a typical 80's action film, it's a roller coaster. The increasing non-stop action in this movie it's meant to rank high on destruction force, not blood count. Yet with all of that - albeit exaggerated - it has so much heart. Sylvester Stallone has serious acting chops in this movie. You see John Rambo as the gears shift in his head constantly as the situation he's in gets worse. The monologue where he breaks down is probably the most emotional an action hero has been, and above all may seem personal to a lot of those who served. While the premise seems highly unbelievable, it is worth watching to not only enjoy as an action film but also be aware of the true feelings it's portraying.
August 4, 2016
First Blood (1982) C-97m. ??? D: Ted Kotcheff. Sylvester Stallone, Richard Crenna, Brian Dennehy. Gritty, raw, exciting action film that packs a wallop: Vietnam veteran takes on entire military police force almost immediately after returning home. Bitingly intrusive--and the action never flags. Followed by three sequels.
½ July 30, 2016
Good intense film a little slow in places and more of a survival film than a action film, But when it picks up it's amazing and just like Rocky it's the start of an amazing film series for Stallone.
July 30, 2016
Fantastic movie has got better with time. Possibly one of Stallone's best movies.
½ July 29, 2016
An action classic that shows off Stallone's talents as an actor. Thrilling action sequences and raw brutality, shown in good taste. A masterpiece.
July 23, 2016
A superbly-made action movie with a lot to say.
½ July 15, 2016
This is a good popcorn action movie with a sublime plot and works very well till the end until to the point where Stallone who acted brilliantly till then, starts crying like a baby. That never ending crybaby scene was really awful to watch otherwise we could had one of the best action movies of the 80s..
July 10, 2016
I forgot that the Rambo series actually started with a fairly solid film
June 4, 2016
"First Blood" is a first rate dark action thriller with shocking depth and sensitivity. After seeing it, you'll love it forever.
May 2, 2016
This is another franchise I have never seen. I was expecting just all out over the top violence but this was far more thought provoking and it was much better for it.
April 9, 2016
The only Rambo flik in my book. Brian Dennehy - ha ha ha. Hard to take Richard Crenna after seeing him reprise this role in Hot Shots: Part Deux!
March 30, 2016
Amazing movie, I will always be a fan of Rambo.
March 29, 2016
It's like McGuyver got crossed with Brad Pitt's character in Legends of the Fall. Bullies in law enforcement...never heard of that in real life have we?...
March 22, 2016
Ace movie. Great action and story.
½ March 21, 2016
First blood creates some loveable characters and some hated characters as well. This is a film that you can genuinely understand the main characters problem and struggles and why he is rebelling against the police. Sylvester Stallone gives a great performance as Rambo and the supporting cast is also great.
March 20, 2016
Watching this movie within a modern context, knowing what came after (a silly over the top action franchise and even, briefly, a cartoon show) makes it an almost surreal viewing experience. One of the most original action movies I've ever seen, and surprisingly moving in spots, with a fascinating story and a wonderful performance from Stallone.