First Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

First Blood Reviews

July 17, 2017
A fairly good action movie. The actors do a good job of making you feel for Rambo. Stallone is a little hard to understand. The ending is anticlimactic. Overall it's an average movie.
July 2, 2017
Story about a Vietnam veteran who is pushed to the edge by a small town sheriff and when he loses it he reeks total havoc on the town. Really good movie. Even the end when Stallone cries I enjoy it. The camerawork is exceptional but the lighting of the movie is not good. I wish someone would lighten it up.
½ June 28, 2017
rambo is one of my favorite action heroes. he can beat the tar out of a bunch of corrupt policemen and still avoid killing. if he isn't the greatest action hero he certainly is the most honorable even if the sequels decided to make him a killer much to my dismay, until the far far FAR inferior sequels were released.
June 7, 2017
First Blood tries to take on a compelling and emotional subject but fails to do so by loading the film with too many noisy action sequences instead of a psychological character study.
June 5, 2017
This film is such a classic action film and I love it every minute of it. I love 70 and 80 action film that this one is awesome this guy name John Rambo in the film just want something to eat but sooner later things go very bad and he has to fight the police to make a point but overall damn good film what a classic.
June 2, 2017
the story of a Vietnam vet pushed to far and be careful when judging people because looks can be deceiving
½ May 25, 2017
The ultimate action movie. John Rambo is a larger-than-life character that you will remember. I just wish the film had a stronger ending. (First and only viewing - 5/13/2017)
½ May 13, 2017
Not what I thought it would be, I thought Rambo was blood, guts and explosions and while the second half of the movie contained all of the above; there was a deeper message here. A film about a war veteran with severe PTSD really puts a person in his shoes and provides and excellent perspective. The message at the end was great. Looking forward to part 2.
½ March 22, 2017
Amazing, great early performance by Stallone, great acting, action and settings.
January 11, 2017
I'm surprised there are so few views on the original film of the franchise. Not as dark as the book. But still not the hyper-patronage of other films that followed it in the '80s. No clear bad-guys, everyone makes mistakes and has their own viewpoint. Far more realistic situations than the next two sequels. And only one bodycount!!!
January 7, 2017
Sylvester Stallone at his finest. What a great movie. Its a survivalist fans dream movie
½ December 25, 2016
Aside from ptsd, most of the other aspects of the movie are far from believable.
½ December 24, 2016
The later Rambo films do not have a very good reputation, and deservedly so. But the first part actually has a lot more to offer than just pointless action. It is the story of a Vietnam vet who can't seem to find a place in America's society anymore. Things get out of hand pretty quickly and Rambo is as much to blame as the asshole sheriff. The action scenes aged pretty well and are still great. The social commentary seems more current than you could imagine.
½ December 22, 2016
First Blood has a pretty basic plot and survives solely on Stallone's ability to play a special forces soldier with PTSD.
½ November 29, 2016
First Blood is a well acted, action packed survival adventure, with a dark tone and great storytelling.
November 19, 2016
Only seen it half yesterday , but seen it enough ...still very good ! SOMVID
November 15, 2016
not a bad movie, yes the cops were bullies, but it doesn't make it right what rambo did but it is understanding, the cops wouldn't leave him alone. His survivalist ways are interesting and at some moments the film is thematic and thrilling. It is somewhat better than the book. And America is given a new hero and icon.
½ November 10, 2016
The movie that really launched Slys career. Good action, but ultimately its the vulnerability of Rambo that's the star here.
November 7, 2016
Ace movie. Great action and story.
½ October 20, 2016