The Forgotten - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Forgotten Reviews

May 2, 2016
Whatever said by anybody, this movie is good as any classic thriller.
½ February 1, 2016
Pretty sure this is the second time I've watched this film and I still didn't really understand what was going on. It has a bit of a top notch cast of experienced US TV character actors and bizarrely Julianne Moore (I imagine her agent was sacked shortly afterwards). None of them can make head nor tail of the preposterous 'X-Files'-lite plot either.
January 30, 2016
One of the most stupid and awful films I have ever encountered.
½ January 25, 2016
Full of mystery and intrigue, The Forgotten is a suspenseful psychological thriller that kind of goes off the rails. The story follows a grieving mother who lost her son in a plane crash, but soon all evidence of her son's existence is erased, leaving her to question her sanity and desperate to prove that he was real. Julianne Moore gives a fairly good performance, as does Gary Sinise. Additionally, the storytelling does an impressive job at building up the mystery of the missing child. But the ending is completely ridiculous and comes out of nowhere. A rather pointless and inane film, The Forgotten fails to payoff its mystery and insults the audience with nonsensical tripe.
½ October 27, 2015
Alku vaikutti lupaavalta, mutta loppujen lopuksi leffa oli ihan liian utopistinen ja outo... (Suom. Unohdetut)
October 12, 2015
The most needlessly convoluted M. Night Shyamalan-esk movie Shyamalan never made but with a few redeemable good performances.
Robert B.
½ October 8, 2015
The Forgotten is a well-made and well-acted film that requires you to either disengage your brain or play along. If you can then it is an enjoyable film, in spite of an unrealistic plot. Julianne Moore great to watch, as always, and there are a few nice dramatic effects. Fans of paranormal thrillers should enjoy this one.
September 4, 2015
Really good story line. I did not like the science fiction aspect to it though. Could really have done without that....those parts were just weird.
½ August 6, 2015
Makes no sense and does the impossible....make Moore look really bad.
August 3, 2015
The forgotten wastes Julianne Moore's skilled work with a premise far too ridiculously silly topped off by an even more egregious twist.
½ July 11, 2015
Based on a true notion. A true premise.
June 12, 2015
Julianne Moore, I love you but I HATE that you chose to star in this movie. The Forgotten is an incoherent episode of The X-Files that just grows dumber and dumber and dumber. Dominic West is terrible as Moore's sidekick who likes to beat people up. This is a nice premise executed badly.
February 28, 2015
An X-file type story except there is is no Mulder or Scully except for the underdying motherly love of Julliane Moore to save mother earth from the Aliens. This was an improvement of the TV series because we saw the booming sudden abduction of unsuspecting humans.
November 13, 2014
Grossly convoluted and dreadfully boring.
½ October 20, 2014
Quite an ironic title, isn't it?
September 3, 2014
God, this movie made so little sense at times...
½ July 27, 2014
Amazing. Moore was great as always.
July 24, 2014
a cool idea but the story falls apart in my opinion because of pretty bad writing and average filming..dident mind checking it out once... the idea kept me interested but i could not really take it seriously.
½ July 9, 2014
Like an episode of the X-Files its great while one is curious about the mystery but falls apart when things are explained.
June 28, 2014
The trailer looked so good!
The movie looked good.
Too bad is not all about appearances.