Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man Reviews

• Oct 26, 2018

A LOT OF FUN! People with brain injuries sometimes develop super natural mental powers that are quite extraordinary . . . that are quite extraordinary. Certainly he got up and opened the window . . . the borderline between delusion and reality is very narrow . . . sometimes a patient may unknowingly overstep that line . . . HE'S A LYCONTROPE POOR DEVIL . . . We should try to do something to help him . . . WELL DOCTOR, I THINK I'LL RUN"--this is a classic movie albeit not a classic script.

• Jul 29, 2018

Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I agree, the film has continuity issues from the previous movies of both, the monster doesn't speak, Larry Talbot is brought back in a contrived way, and its full of discrepancies. But the film does shine in another great performance from Lon Chaney Jr., as well as having a badass climax and a sort of atmosphere that intrigues me. Sadly, Bela Lugosi's lines and many scenes were cut which are presumably are lost forever.

• Jun 03, 2018

It really should of been called ' The Wolf man meets Frankenstein, because Frankenstein doesn't appear until 36 minutes within the film. Even when Frankenstein does appear, he doesn't get that much screen time. I'm talking 10 to 15 mintues worth, and they really don't give him that much to do. Other than have him stand, moan, groan and knock over stuff. This could have been a Wolf man sequel, with a Frankenstein cameo.

• Feb 25, 2017

I've said it once and I'll say it again. What is with movies and false advertising! This movie is called "Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man." There are two things wrong with that title. One: Dr.Frankenstein is dead. They should've called it "The Monster meets The wolf man. Two: this movie is 85% Wolfman. The monster is barley in it. An alternate title for this should've been "The Horribly Long Suicide of Lawrence Talbot." Then I wouldn't of felt as ripped off. Some good things about this movie is the epic finale, The great storyline, and the good acting. Everyone did a great job at there part. Except for Bella Lugosi as The Monster. Now don't get me wrong Bella Lugosi is a great actor. He is just not fit for the role of The Monster. They should've gotten someone else. So besides all the negatives to this movie I was thoroughly entertained.

• Oct 24, 2016

It would've been good, if the 2 monsters fought earlier than the end of the movie!

• Oct 09, 2016

People who review this movie poorly generally review it as if it were made in 2003, not 1943. Universal was at its heyday during this period, and although even as kids we wanted a longer battle at the end, it left the kids begging for more. Done in black and white with the classic scenes of graveyards, castles, and the sadness viewers felt for Chaney's tormented wolfman, it is a classic that every kid was thrilled to see listed as showing on Fri and Sat night spook shows!

• Oct 07, 2016

One half is Frankenstein and the other half is Wolfman. It's like watching two different movies where the last ten minutes make good on the title. Chaney is at the top of his game. Lugosi isn't bad, but is no Karloff. Not a terrible movie, but not a classic.

• May 15, 2016

The most famous example of the 1940's Universal "monster mash", where the filmmakers would put several famous horror monsters in one movie, sometimes resulting in shity movies, but this one I found to be really good and interesting. It's very well made for it's time, but don't expect a big fight between the Monster and The Wolf Man cause that small fight only lasts for about two minutes, the rest of the movie is spent with Lon Chaney trying to find the notes of Dr. Frankenstein. But it's a classic sequel and certainly recommended !!

• Mar 04, 2016

This was a very good Monster Horror Film in the day. Also a great performance by both Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney Jr.

• Feb 08, 2016

The plot is interesting, but more should have been done with it. The best part is the fight between the Wolf Man and the Monster.