Free Willy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Free Willy Reviews

July 29, 2016
Alright would of been better if it got killed or couldn't make the jump and killed the kid, Too predictable and been done before just with a different animal, Very overrated.
½ July 3, 2016
This is supposed to be a film protest against keeping animals in non-natural captivity? It pretty much fails to hit this message home because it's too nice. Watch Blackfish instead.
June 25, 2016
As a child this was epic now older its a classic and really lives up to its title.
February 29, 2016
"Free Willy" is a wonderful and memorable classic, plain and simple. Its a story that all ages can enjoy and cherish for years to come.
January 29, 2016
Free willy is a good movie the Music is very good and the graphics are good. I like the beginning of the movie with all the orca whale's with the background music. It is cool how willy jumps over rocks at the end of the movie.
January 27, 2016
This is my absolute favourite movie!!! When someone asks you what you're favourite movie is...this is my answer! I've watched this movie hundreds of times and I can pretty much quote the whole movie!
½ January 23, 2016
This was a fwhail. Cliche, lame, and boring. Cardboard characters, annoying pissy little kid, and a whale who out-acts most of the people. Duuuuuumb.
½ January 9, 2016
Before Blackfish, there was Free Willy.
½ December 12, 2015
Really fun family movie, especially for anyone who loves whales
November 30, 2015
I love whales most as Dolphins
September 16, 2015
I haven't revisited this film in a very long time, so my perspective might be a little skewed, but what comes through after nostalgia is that it's a corny story that has some decent acting (mostly from the adult actors) but it was still a fun movie which will now only be judged by time. It does seem like the brightness of this film has dimmed, even amongst my peers who grew up with it, so maybe it's fading into pop culture obscurity. Who knows?
September 6, 2015
The movie which got me into loving orca whales ever since I was a child! It's too risky to swim with these beautiful creatures in real life, but I hope to do it one day with professional assistance. Don't care what anyone says about this film, it's timeless!
½ August 14, 2015
Although the film has its faults, Free Willy is still a classic and heartwarming film.
June 26, 2015
i love this movie very much
½ June 13, 2015
Watched it more than a hundred times when I was little. A complete childhood memory.
April 18, 2015
Classic family movie is great for all ages! Ages 6+
½ April 8, 2015
I found this neither touching or much of a story.
March 30, 2015
Makes me cry every time. A childhood classic.
March 11, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this movie!!! I don't care how old I am this will always be my favourite movie....I saw it for the first time when I was 2 years old and my love for it hasn't changed...I can pretty much recite the whole movie and I know all the songs ~<