Freelancers Reviews

• Aug 04, 2019

zero stars Direct to video movies are bad. This one is the worst. It's the worst of De Niro's career. It's so bad that they probably had to clean the entire studio after making it.

• May 29, 2018

Err, Worest Fiticker would have been searched and wouldn't have a knife and gun on him. It's filmmakers cheats that weaken a potentially good movie into more odf a crappio one. Silly.

• Jul 30, 2016

Awful. Films that are dark must be substantive, feature outstanding performances, and offer some sense of purpose and realism. Freelances does none of these things. There are no heroes in this film and no characters worthy of audience investment; from the beginning of the movie, we're waiting for the end. Even Robert De Niro cannot redeem this mess of cop cliche and poor film-making. I think we've learned that 50 Cent is two quarters short of solid acting ability. Time to make change...

• Feb 08, 2016

Dirigida por Jessy Terrero nos llega esta película sobre la corrupción policial. 50 Cent es 'Malo' Maldonado un joven policía recién graduado que ha dejado atrás una vida de delincuencia en la calle junto a dos de sus amigos. Será reclutado por Sarcone (Robert DeNiro) un policía corrupto que lidera a un grupo encargado de manejar las calles y las drogas y que siempre reciben su parte. Deberá aprender las mañas propias de un policía corrupto de su nuevo compañero LaRue (Forest Whitaker) mientras sus compañeros y grandes amigos aprenden con compañeros completamente distintos en un mundo cargado de corrupción, racismo, prejuicios, violencia, sexo y drogas. Malo, con la sombra de su padre a cuestas, deberá decidir entre el bien y el mal.. o alguna tercera opción.

• Oct 27, 2015

She ran off with your balls, kid. The son of a slain cop has also decided to join the police force after years of thinking it wasn't for him. He impresses quickly and is identified as a potential candidate to join the same special unit his father was on. He discovers the special unit is corrupt and will need to decide to play along or bring it down. "Pick a girl. Have some fun." Jessy Terrero, director of Soul Plane, Gun, and the upcoming Pursuit, delivers Freelancers. The storyline for this picture is fairly cliché and straightforward. The action is okay and the script is very mediocre. The characters aren't overly well written or interesting. The cast delivers mediocre performances and includes Robert De Niro, 50 Cent, Forest Whitaker, and Anabelle Acosta. "Sometimes it's a woman that kicks you in the balls the hardest." I recently came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. This is a cliché picture within the genre with a very straightforward and unimaginative plot, like a poor man's Training Day. I don't recommend this and would probably skip it unless nothing else is on. "I'll leave the light on for you." Grade: D

• Jul 15, 2015

2 sense offense. Sight and sound. Just horrible. The writer an director should be banned from filmmaking for life. Mr. Deniro, Mr. Whitaker, what dirt does 50 cent have on you? You are better than this! Potential viewers, stay far, far, away.

• Jun 18, 2015

This movie was terrible. It was boring and the plot was stupid and unbelievable. Horrible acting and very forgettable.

• Jan 25, 2015

Robert Deniro & Forest Whitaker carried this movie. If it wasn't for them, this would be one big mess. But because of them its just a mess.

• Jun 29, 2014

Horrible horrible portrait of Jackson (50c). He should not have been used for this movie. I reckon USED is the proper term for this kind of blunders which will not have any discretion on the term of ACTING. Any movie will be better off without these type of people. The movie ONLY just relay on power performances from Forest Whitaker and Robert De Niro. Suffice to say complete waste of time.

• Mar 20, 2014

This is a movie really bullshit. Robert De Niro bad, Forest W. bad, 50 Cent.. Well... Bad! Only 1,5 point, and I've are very good.