Funkytown Reviews

• Nov 27, 2015

Pretty good movie, but as many people have stated, there are too many stories, jumps here and there.

• Oct 06, 2013

I really liked this movie. I agree there were a lot of stories going on and it was a bit uneven however, it kept me interested and I liked the characters. I thought the acting was good and it had its moments. Not too bad for a night of insomnia on Hulu.

• Sep 22, 2013

Cool movie, nice set up of montreal back in 70s

Cool movie, nice set up of montreal back in 70s

• jay n Super Reviewer
    May 27, 2013

Not bad but there are too many stories going at once. Cutting a few and focusing on the more compelling ones would have strengthened the film.

• Apr 12, 2013

"Funkytown" has too many storylines, and too many characters, but it captures the 70s disco scene well. The acting is good. I was surprised how much I stayed with the film, and enjoyed it.

• Oct 22, 2012

One of the hundreds 70s' entertainment scene feature. Deja vu familiar story & narrative. A bit too loose & diverted. Acting is solid though.

• Oct 02, 2012

Based on real events. Almost every character has a sad exit - reality is sad. It is quite a good film actually.

• Sep 30, 2012

disco style à la canada french style

disco style à la canada french style

• Dec 25, 2011

Funkytown is Montreal in the 70s. A story about nightclubbing and the lives of those that frequent them. Its very formulaic and nothing much new here. The film really doesnt excite or entertain too much and the plot is really by the numbers using stereotypes and stories that have been told before. To be honest, I didnt enjoy it very much at all. I laughed once or twice but thats it. The only redeeming factor is the acting of Raymond Bouchard who was good. Too long. Not funny. The city looked good though and the clothing and scenery was all very well made up. Theres a word for that but i forget it.

• Sep 19, 2011

Note de passage pour un film plutôt bien... Aucuns sous-titres ?? Drôle de choix... La majorité des acteurs jouent biens... Cinématographiquement, ne marquera pas le cinéma...