Gamera 2: Assault of the Legion (Gamera 2: Region shurai) Reviews

• Jun 04, 2019

A perfect example of the quality of practical effects and suitmation, featuring some of the best action the genre has to offer.

• Apr 14, 2019

This film is better than its predecessor, definitely. One of my favorite films of all time, even. The action is edge-of-your-seat intense, the music is terrifying and epic, the cinematogrophy is well done, and the characters are still really good. I think what makes Attack of the Legion better than Guardian of the Universe is the way the film is handled. It is bloodier, more grim, and with cooler action and better effects. If you've watched Guardian of the Universe, you'll love Attack of the Legion.

• Apr 21, 2018

Not quite as good as 'Guardian of the Universe', but still one of the best Kaiju films out there. The physical effects look fantastic, but there are some CG moments that really haven't aged well at all. Sadly the human cast in this one less interesting than in the last one, but the general mood and the pacing are great.

• Mar 13, 2017

The characters aren't interesting and Legion looks cool but lacks connection with Gamera. The effects are cool though. Overall Gamera 2 attack of legion is probably the weekest in the trilogy.

• Dec 09, 2016

My FAVORITE Gamera film. The plot, while cliched, has some interesting ideas and twists, the acting is ok, but LEGION is fucking awesome, as well are the action scenes between Gamera and Legion are unforgettably AWESOME! Highly recommend this film!!

• Oct 25, 2016

The sequel to the first 90's Gamera movie, and to me, it underwhelms. A sequel was inevitable, but this one feels too rushed and very boring. The idea of a more serious take on the giant monster films of the 70's is fine, but it seems like when they have nothing left to do they needed to make something. Do yourself a favor, and track down the redneck dub of the film, surprisingly released by the same company as the actual movie!

• Jun 30, 2015

The sequel continues the first movies success and is a fun monster movie from beginning to end. While its effects work isn't on a Hollywood level its all effective to deliver monster on monster brawls fans of the genre always get a kick out of. Its odd that this rebooted series turns a lame children's character into a baddass defender of the Earth but I dig it

• Jun 01, 2015

second in the trilogy and it keeps it going very strong

second in the trilogy and it keeps it going very strong

• Dec 30, 2014

A pretty entertaining giant monster movie. Not a big surprise the first act is a little slow but thats not my main problem with this film. The problem here are the characters, I just don't care about them and that unfortunate. But the final act and the battle is phenomenal, it literally made my mouth drop at points!

• Dec 24, 2014

While it does contain inspired special effects and a decent story plot, I find 'Godzilla vs Destroyah' or 'Spacegodzilla' as superior Kaiju films with similar themes involving Kaiju monsters attempting to supplant humanity and forced to rely on a giant reptilian protector to save Japan & the world at large.