Garfield - The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Garfield - The Movie Reviews

March 20, 2017
Apart from Bill Murray providing the voice of the fat cat (which was rather inevitable), this is a lacklustre & aimless film
March 14, 2017
Literally only a few writers and directors managed to find a way to fill the entire film with 99% of burp jokes ,bad puns, weird CGI & pointless human characters. It's actually mind-blowing how this film is actually obvious ,clearly because this is bearly anything to do with the comics.
February 27, 2017
It's low key bad but ridiculously enjoyable
February 17, 2017
This is so bad, fuck these stupid parents that approve it
February 7, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 27, 2017
I thought this was funny, made me laugh. Bill Murray did a great voice of Garfield.
January 14, 2017
best movie I've ever seen no fucking joke you guys i deffinenelty recommend it strongly very good
amovvie every1 and their grandma should enjoy OTHERWISE FUCK YOU BITCH UR OPINION ISNT WORTH ANYTHING FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU 8=========D

check it out PEACE
November 6, 2016
Garfield is a curiously dull adaptation of a beloved cartoon, with hideous CGI, bland acting and product placements.
½ August 15, 2016
Garfield is brought to life on the big screen but he's not very lovable. Instead, we get an animated jackass with only the witty humor being anything original to the comic itself. The actors play second fiddle to the animals around them and seem quite bored in most scenes.
August 2, 2016
The cartoon cat comes to life. I previously purchased this movie on DVD and it is actually not a bad film. It is okay although it could have been a better film. I thought the plot of Garfield was quite good although I do question some of the cast in this film. I like Jennifer Love Hewitt in this film and this is the only film I have seen Breckin Meyer in and I thought he was okay in this film too. However I did not like the role of Stephen Tobolowsky in this film, I thought his acting was pretty bad, there are moments when he was meant to be angry in this film yet he didn't show that. He tended to smile when he was meant to be angry in this film. There were a few other poor actors in this film and I think Garfield may have got better reviews from critics if some of the cast wasn't poorly done. All around I thought Garfield was okay, however I wouldn't say it is a must see film.
½ July 25, 2016
Why didn't they make this 2D? Garfield looks like shit. Odie is the wrong dog. Jon was a bigger tool than he was in the comics. Nermal's an adult cat. Liz is flat and boring. Villian was dumb, even by kids movie standards. You can feel the hate in Bill Murray when you watch this movie.
July 20, 2016
Adorable film that kids will enjoy. Bill Murray does a good job with Garfield.
½ June 4, 2016
Despite the excellent choice to dub Garfield by the great Bill Murray and some funny joke, the film does not take off. A flat script, full of clichés and without panache.
May 28, 2016
This entire movie was a work of art. Honestly, it deserves more that avatar in terms of animation and the plot got me in tears, and the character development was so intriguing to watch. Garfield is a real hunk, I wish i had a man like that.
May 27, 2016
The movie that ended the slow death of the Garfield franchise and killed it instantly
May 22, 2016
Garfield is one of my all-time favorite cartoon characters. The fact that Garfield has his own movie is awesome, but this movie was weak.

I will admit, I used to enjoy this movie. But now, I just think it is not funny, the CGI for Garfield is not interesting, and the story seemed poor. I would consider this to be a lackluster.
April 6, 2016
Boring, not funny and stupid, Garfield the Movie sucks.
April 2, 2016
That lazy fat cat doesn't let you down in the comedy part of this movie!
½ March 31, 2016
Far from a good adaptation of one of my favorite comic strips, but it's a kinda-sorta guilty pleasure.
jamrcla
½ March 26, 2016
Not that bad, Bill Murray's voice does suit Garfield well but abit silly but kids will love it.