Garfield - The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Garfield - The Movie Reviews

September 6, 2017
Literally only a few writers and directors managed to find a way to fill the entire film with 99% of burp jokes ,bad puns, weird CGI ,advertisings & pointless human characters. It's actually mind-blowing how this film is actually obvious ,clearly because this is bearly anything to do with the comics.
August 13, 2017
Garfield wasn't meant for live-action because then the same cartoonish drawings and gags from the comic strip won't apply and the film did not contain much of the clever humor that the comic strip is extremely beloved for. But all in all the movie's still faithful to the 1982 half-hour Here Comes Garfield because it comes out like a live-action remake of Here Comes Garfield, even if it lacks faith to the comic strip or the animated series Garfield and Friends.
July 30, 2017
As a fan of the comic series, it was fairly admirable, but not too terribly surprising on why it had such negative reviews.
July 12, 2017
i thought that garfield the movie was a fun,silly and relaxing ride even though the cgi in this film is i guess decent for it's time it's still an enjoyable movie
June 13, 2017
It's my guilty pleasure, sure it's stupid but it is funny & sometimes quite memorable. One of my favorite childhood movies.
June 1, 2017
A kid's movie that doesn't provide anything more than cheep gags and dumb jokes.
½ May 26, 2017
While it may not be that close to the comics, this film is still good in its own right, despite what other people may say.
½ May 20, 2017
No. NO. Did this movie just ruin Bill Murray!? NO!! Garfield, one of my favorite cartoon characters, ruined one of my favorite actors! NOOOOOOOOOOO
March 20, 2017
Apart from Bill Murray providing the voice of the fat cat (which was rather inevitable), this is a lacklustre & aimless film
February 27, 2017
It's low key bad but ridiculously enjoyable
February 17, 2017
This is so bad, fuck these stupid parents that approve it
February 7, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 27, 2017
I thought this was funny, made me laugh. Bill Murray did a great voice of Garfield.
January 14, 2017
best movie I've ever seen no fucking joke you guys i deffinenelty recommend it strongly very good
amovvie every1 and their grandma should enjoy OTHERWISE FUCK YOU BITCH UR OPINION ISNT WORTH ANYTHING FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU 8=========D

check it out PEACE
November 6, 2016
Garfield is a curiously dull adaptation of a beloved cartoon, with hideous CGI, bland acting and product placements.
½ August 15, 2016
Garfield is brought to life on the big screen but he's not very lovable. Instead, we get an animated jackass with only the witty humor being anything original to the comic itself. The actors play second fiddle to the animals around them and seem quite bored in most scenes.
August 2, 2016
The cartoon cat comes to life. I previously purchased this movie on DVD and it is actually not a bad film. It is okay although it could have been a better film. I thought the plot of Garfield was quite good although I do question some of the cast in this film. I like Jennifer Love Hewitt in this film and this is the only film I have seen Breckin Meyer in and I thought he was okay in this film too. However I did not like the role of Stephen Tobolowsky in this film, I thought his acting was pretty bad, there are moments when he was meant to be angry in this film yet he didn't show that. He tended to smile when he was meant to be angry in this film. There were a few other poor actors in this film and I think Garfield may have got better reviews from critics if some of the cast wasn't poorly done. All around I thought Garfield was okay, however I wouldn't say it is a must see film.
½ July 25, 2016
Why didn't they make this 2D? Garfield looks like shit. Odie is the wrong dog. Jon was a bigger tool than he was in the comics. Nermal's an adult cat. Liz is flat and boring. Villian was dumb, even by kids movie standards. You can feel the hate in Bill Murray when you watch this movie.
July 20, 2016
Adorable film that kids will enjoy. Bill Murray does a good job with Garfield.
½ June 4, 2016
Despite the excellent choice to dub Garfield by the great Bill Murray and some funny joke, the film does not take off. A flat script, full of clichés and without panache.