Garfield Gets Real Reviews

• Jul 15, 2019

Garfield Gets Real has a genuinely interesting and creative idea, good voice acting and sticks closer to the spirit of the Jim Davis comic strips than the live-action movies ever did but the unappealing CGI, unsettling character designs (the Jim Davis characters look okay but the original characters created exclusively for the direct-to-DVD CGI trilogy really do not lend themselves well to the small budget) and bland humour makes the movie work better as a rental than an actual movie you're supposed to pay money for.

• Apr 18, 2017

Not a good representation.

Not a good representation.

• May 22, 2016

I watched this movie only once and I despised it. Garfield being in his first CGI movie sucks because in my opinion, Garfield looks one trillion times better in 2D animation. This movie was overall hideous.

• Jul 19, 2015

This wasn't so bad, but it wasn't so great either, but still a funny and adventure with some flaws in the storyline, but still barely decent.

• Sep 20, 2014

I love Garfield especially in this movie, I love the comic strip on Sundays!! The movie is not as good as Garfield played by bill Murray but still good. Love it!!

• Sep 20, 2014

So contrived, it hurts. The reason this movie doesn't work AT ALL is because the comics, despite some lore here and there, are grounded in reality! The whole concept of Garfield is that he is the average house cat with a full understanding of his surroundings and is critical of those surroundings. Also, he doesn't freaking talk! The way the treat this story with a typical "being a cartoon comic cat is a 9 to 5 job hurr, durr" is as boring, predictable, and unfunny as a adaptation could possibly get. Fourth-wall breaks are not always funny, you know! Also, WTF is up with Arlene in these fucking movies!? I'm sick of her being flanderized into some whiny and underdeveloped bitch! Once again, fuck everyone involved!

• May 10, 2014

This is the worst thing.

This is the worst thing.

• Dec 28, 2013

Never been a fan of garfield and can't believe I just watched this lol.

Never been a fan of garfield and can't believe I just watched this lol.

• Nov 11, 2013

"Garfield Gets Real" is all right. It deserves a PG rating for its peril and rude humor.

• Oct 13, 2013