Ghost Ship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Ship Reviews

October 17, 2016
Great Horror Film...
½ September 28, 2016
Pois é. Só vale pela cena inicial; uma das melhores que já vi num filme no gênero. O resto é lixo em escala industrial.
August 22, 2016
Ghost Ship is a decent creepy film, but not scary. However it has a good atmosphere, and the performance was good.
August 4, 2016
I remember when this film scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Too bad it's not the same as you get older.
July 22, 2016
A decent horror film with one of the best openers I have ever seen.
½ July 4, 2016
Wether it's ghost ship from 1943 or 1952, or the Death Ship from 1980, or just the story itself, y'all have to admit, a ship full of ghosts it's not the most creative plot, but it's a pretty thrilling and intriguing plot. And of all the ghost ship films to see, this is the one. It's well constructed and the acting is very strong, it's in general a well made movie. The main characters are all pretty likeable, too bad that most of them die. But the ending is very predictable and even lame and a little half-assed. But anyways, recommended !!
June 2, 2016
another great movies people have to see it one of my favorite movies of all time
May 17, 2016
love the style, atmosphere and unique but cheesy scenes. good watch with a chilling ending
April 30, 2016
The worst horror film I have ever seen. So cheesy, plot made no sense whatsoever. Music choices completely inappropriate for the content of the scene. Would only recommend if you want a good laugh; the advertising poster for this movie is more scary than the film itself. It's a shame as the film has a really good premise and could therefore have had real potential if the story had been better thought through.
½ January 14, 2016
Good gore and 1/2 decent storyline. I think this movie is highly under-appreciated
½ November 7, 2015
I remember watching this as a kid and thinking this movie was scary and violent. Now, watching it again, my opinion is very different. The movie is about a salvage crew that gets a job to repair a ship that's been lost for 40 years, but as soon as they get onboard of it, crazy, unexplainable, stuff starts to happen! We soon find out that the ship is actually haunted by the ghosts of the people who died on the boat. I will not spoil what happened to the people, even though you can see half of it in the first 5 minutes of the movie, it's not really explained until the end, so no spoilers. I will say that it was awesome, but seriously ridiculous for a horror movie. The characters are okay, they're all mostly just throwaway characters and it's obvious which one/s are going to survive. The acting was good. I can't really complain about that matter. I will complain about the fact that the movie just isn't scary! The atmosphere is great and the ship looks amazing from the inside. The overall story is very intriguing, but the movie just has nothing particularly scary. At times you might feel like you're watching an action movie due to all the action happening, it's really weird. The soundtrack is great. There are some really cool original soundtrack pieces, but Mudvayne stands out. All in all, not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, it's quite ridiculous and one half of the movie is nothing like the other half, but it's very watchable, has some really cool gore scenes and the atmosphere of the movie is really great. I wouldn't really recommend it if you want to get scared, though.
July 22, 2015
The beginning of the movie was great, I myself thought it was a great movie that was well put together. The cast did pretty good and Its not like the Normal Horror Movie, As movie goes on you get back story on the Ghost Ship a.k.a " Antonio Graza" when you get these back details you start getting ideas of what could really be going on. And when the crew finds a bigger fortune there happy and you know they probably wasn't getting off that easy, All in all it was a great movie and the ending not only will have you in shock it will have you begging for another Ghost Ship Movie.
June 18, 2015
The whole plot is ridiculous and that's just the tip of the iceberg that sinks this stinker.
June 16, 2015
SUMMARY: A Salvage crew stumble upon a cruise ship that has been lost at sea since 1962. They start to see a little girl and other odd things aboard it and discover it is being controlled by a demon. REVIEW: Ghost Ship was a truly good creepy and scary movie. It grabs you and demands your attention with the very first scene. It had good scares here and there but I was expecting more of that. It does have that eerie effect and was done and acted very well. It heads in the right direction though but doesn't quite meet my quota for a horror film which is more scares. Alot of deaths I can do without because sometimes that always isn't what makes a good horror film. I would say this movie is a guilty pleasure. You want to check it out because you are curios about it. I did like it and would recommend watching it because it's good for a few scares. Unfortunately not enough to be perfect but it is a good movie to watch.
½ April 17, 2015
Awful and not scary. Acting not great but I've seen far worse to be fair.
½ March 24, 2015
Decent horror flick. Has a brave go at having a plot, which doesn't work out completely, but if anything it errs on the side of being convoluted rather than not enough. The mood is set nicely, and this makes the scenes come alive. Not the masterpiece of masterpieces, but go in expecting an okay B-movie, and be entertained.
March 20, 2015
I'm not sure why it gets rated so badly, it has a good story. A horrible event takes place that results in the passengers and crew becoming trapped as ghosts on an adrift cruise liner for decades until rediscovered by a salvage crew. The damned aboard won't let the salvagers just make off with their spoils and so, well you know, mayhem. Its not pure terror, nor is it packed with cheesy startle gags like a sudden burst of flitting doves. It has a simple story that is predictable but still an entertaining. At 90 minutes of movie its a good watch.
½ March 8, 2015
Not an overly bad film, has a couple of little scares along the way but nothing really scary. I found it to be quite predictable in places and nothing really surprised me. It's worth a watch if you like your ghost films
February 7, 2015
Not really scary. Watch it for the beginning and for the music video-like flashback towards the end.