Ghostbusters 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters 2 Reviews

March 13, 2018
Underrated. obviously not as good as the original classic, but definitely beats the lame remake.
½ March 6, 2018
50 minutes into the film and I shut it off. it was just so Painfully mediocre. The characters I couldn't care less about, and I couldn't give you their names even if I tried, the "comedy" was not very funny at all, the plot was uninteresting, and the action was underwheelming to save the least. I've never seen the original ghostbusters, but even if I had, I doubt I would have liked this movie anymore than I do. In the end, I don't hate this movie, and I'm sure there are people out there who might like it, but its not for me.
½ March 4, 2018
The movie was very bad the first one was better and this movie basically has the plot of the first one with little changes the first one barely had any action but it had more action than this one and why does everyone think the ghostbusters are frauds 5 years later they seriously cant remember how the town was almost destroyed and how the ghostbusters saved the town
February 28, 2018
While not as original as its predecessor, Ghostbusters 2 is still a fine piece of entertainment.
½ February 26, 2018
rehashed material from the original, poorly conceived.
½ February 22, 2018
The original cast, director and writers return to the ghost mine again, but they bring a kind of smug self-assurance (faked in the original, but here in truth) that undercuts the comic proceedings. And so, like many sequels, it is not as good. Not as good as it is to see these old friends again, even though they are not as funny. The payoff ending sequence with the Statue of Liberty is downright embarrassing, it's so bad. One wishes that they've focused on Moranis, Potts and MacNicol and saved the big four for last. Ah well.
February 17, 2018
Very disappointing sequel. It's fun...but not great. Worth watching if you've seen the original though.
½ February 5, 2018
a good sequel to a classic movie
January 28, 2018
Just as good as the first if a tad more goofey! Which mainstream TV wouldn't cut bits out when it's on. Oh and wrong trailer displayed here!Grr ffs so obvious!
½ January 13, 2018
sorry, i missed it..

Ghostbusters II

Maybe, if focused less on the sub-plots assigned to the characters and more on the screenplay then it would have come off far better than the first one since the screen time was on their side.
December 30, 2017
Still good enough to watch occasionally. At New Year.
November 20, 2017
Does not have the charm that the first one had.
½ November 20, 2017
I enjoyed it just fine.
October 26, 2017
I watch this sequel on The Disney Channel when I was a kid after I watch the first original Ghostbusters movie, Yes its was good, but I like it
October 22, 2017
More of the same from the cast of Ghostbusters. Very similar to the original. The keyword with Ghostbusters is fun, but what is this obsession with slime? There was more slime in this sequel than the original. If you don't mind slime then this film is for you.
½ October 20, 2017
As a studio pressured sequel, it's not the worst film with Ivan Reitman and Dan Akroyd's name on it (CADDYSHACK 2). It certainly suffers from a weak villain and very little inspiration.
October 19, 2017
Not as good as the first but still watchable. The Villain Vigo the Carpathian is great though.
September 18, 2017
61% audience score yet a 53% tomatometer rating. so who is flubbing the numbers to make this seem like an awful movie when majority of people like it based on the audience score...
September 11, 2017
Bill Murray is back for Ghostbusters but like I said I like the one made in 2016
½ August 27, 2017
Ghostbusters 2 is reasonably funny enough with same infectious cast chemistry from the last movie but it's at the expense of all that that made the first film a masterpiece in the first place. Bill Murray's as entertaining as always and derpy-looking Rick Moranis is decent albeit wasted. Yet it seems so heavily focused on the comedic elements of the first film, it fails to deliver the horror part of the film that made the original a classic especially with a crappy villain. I was satisfied with what I got but still feel like it had more potential. Sorry, Ivan Reitman, it just goes to show that you can't have it your way all the time.