Ghostbusters 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters 2 Reviews

May 23, 2018
Still funny and has good scenes. We all knew it wasn't going to be as good as the original but it's still solid. And of course it's better than that feminist garbage from 2016.
½ May 18, 2018
It's not as great as the original but it's still a terrific film. The concept is novel and original and not a rehash of the original and all the characters remain terrific. The only thing is that the humour comes off stilted and even contrived in a couple spots, where the original's jokes were more organic to the characters and situation. This sequel gets crapped on a lot for failing to be another masterpiece but it's still a solid watch and a classic in its own right. If you want more Ghostbusters, this will give you just enough more so you leave the table full and happy.
½ April 4, 2018
1.5/5. Ghostsbusters 2 has great chemistry between the cast members, but that's about it. It' a pretty lame and lackluster sequel.
michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
Several years after the success that was the first Ghostbusters, a sequel was made, and it is a film that often is considered by many people as a mixed bag. Me personally, I love it, sure it isn't as big of a fresh air or as funny as its predecessor, but the effects are still great, the comedy works well, the acting is still spot on, and the epicness factor is cranked up massively in this film in the last 25 minutes. Sure it does have some dumb moments, like Peter MacNicole turning into that ghostly Mary Poppins freak, but it still does work great, and Rick Moranis really seems to steal the show in terms of comedy and goofiness. In the first film he is just a forgetful nerd character, but in this film he has a much bigger role. The film isn't as big of a breath of fresh air as the first, but it is still very funny, and it is entertaining enough to keep you watching.
March 21, 2018
Not as good as the first one.
March 13, 2018
Underrated. obviously not as good as the original classic, but definitely beats the lame remake.
½ March 6, 2018
50 minutes into the film and I shut it off. it was just so Painfully mediocre. The characters I couldn't care less about, and I couldn't give you their names even if I tried, the "comedy" was not very funny at all, the plot was uninteresting, and the action was underwheelming to save the least. I've never seen the original ghostbusters, but even if I had, I doubt I would have liked this movie anymore than I do. In the end, I don't hate this movie, and I'm sure there are people out there who might like it, but its not for me.
½ March 4, 2018
The movie was very bad the first one was better and this movie basically has the plot of the first one with little changes the first one barely had any action but it had more action than this one and why does everyone think the ghostbusters are frauds 5 years later they seriously cant remember how the town was almost destroyed and how the ghostbusters saved the town
February 28, 2018
While not as original as its predecessor, Ghostbusters 2 is still a fine piece of entertainment.
½ February 26, 2018
rehashed material from the original, poorly conceived.
½ February 22, 2018
The original cast, director and writers return to the ghost mine again, but they bring a kind of smug self-assurance (faked in the original, but here in truth) that undercuts the comic proceedings. And so, like many sequels, it is not as good. Not as good as it is to see these old friends again, even though they are not as funny. The payoff ending sequence with the Statue of Liberty is downright embarrassing, it's so bad. One wishes that they've focused on Moranis, Potts and MacNicol and saved the big four for last. Ah well.
February 17, 2018
Very disappointing sequel. It's fun...but not great. Worth watching if you've seen the original though.
½ February 5, 2018
a good sequel to a classic movie
January 28, 2018
Just as good as the first if a tad more goofey! Which mainstream TV wouldn't cut bits out when it's on. Oh and wrong trailer displayed here!Grr ffs so obvious!
½ January 13, 2018
sorry, i missed it..

Ghostbusters II

Maybe, if focused less on the sub-plots assigned to the characters and more on the screenplay then it would have come off far better than the first one since the screen time was on their side.
December 30, 2017
Still good enough to watch occasionally. At New Year.
November 20, 2017
Does not have the charm that the first one had.
½ November 20, 2017
I enjoyed it just fine.
October 26, 2017
I watch this sequel on The Disney Channel when I was a kid after I watch the first original Ghostbusters movie, Yes its was good, but I like it
October 22, 2017
More of the same from the cast of Ghostbusters. Very similar to the original. The keyword with Ghostbusters is fun, but what is this obsession with slime? There was more slime in this sequel than the original. If you don't mind slime then this film is for you.