Ghostbusters 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters 2 Reviews

November 20, 2017
Does not have the charm that the first one had.
½ November 20, 2017
I enjoyed it just fine.
October 26, 2017
I watch this sequel on The Disney Channel when I was a kid after I watch the first original Ghostbusters movie, Yes its was good, but I like it
October 22, 2017
More of the same from the cast of Ghostbusters. Very similar to the original. The keyword with Ghostbusters is fun, but what is this obsession with slime? There was more slime in this sequel than the original. If you don't mind slime then this film is for you.
½ October 20, 2017
As a studio pressured sequel, it's not the worst film with Ivan Reitman and Dan Akroyd's name on it (CADDYSHACK 2). It certainly suffers from a weak villain and very little inspiration.
October 19, 2017
Not as good as the first but still watchable. The Villain Vigo the Carpathian is great though.
September 18, 2017
61% audience score yet a 53% tomatometer rating. so who is flubbing the numbers to make this seem like an awful movie when majority of people like it based on the audience score...
September 11, 2017
Bill Murray is back for Ghostbusters but like I said I like the one made in 2016
½ August 27, 2017
Ghostbusters 2 is reasonably funny enough with same infectious cast chemistry from the last movie but it's at the expense of all that that made the first film a masterpiece in the first place. Bill Murray's as entertaining as always and derpy-looking Rick Moranis is decent albeit wasted. Yet it seems so heavily focused on the comedic elements of the first film, it fails to deliver the horror part of the film that made the original a classic especially with a crappy villain. I was satisfied with what I got but still feel like it had more potential. Sorry, Ivan Reitman, it just goes to show that you can't have it your way all the time.
½ August 25, 2017
It's fun seeing the cast together, but if I'm going to watch a Ghostbusters movie, 9 times out of 10, I'll put in my DVD of the original instead.
August 21, 2017
A very underrated classic.
August 17, 2017
While nowhere near as good as the original, you'll enjoy another hilarious ride with the Busters who never lose their appeal.
August 3, 2017
It may lack the energy of its predecessor and the villain is kind of lame, but this film still gave me some laughs and is still entertaining.
August 1, 2017
its a really ok sequel to one of the best comedies of all time and truly wastes the power and potential they had with mostly the same team behind the original doing this sequel that is truly a parody than a follow-up to the original specially with a final mediocre third act with some really akward dialogue and childish humor, some bad efects here and there. but still has some high points like the acting (that isn't as good as in the original but ok) ivan reitman's direction and the script by dan aykroyd and Harold Ramis is still good with all its flaws. if you see this movie waiting to see the same level of quality from the original you will be seriously disaponted but is still entretaining sequel.
½ July 24, 2017
Never understood why many didnt like this movie, I found it just as charming and entertaining as the first, with an excellent villain with a great mix of silliness and scares. Perhaps the 2016 Ghostbusters will show people just how good this movie always was.
July 20, 2017
This is a very well done sequel and not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
½ June 17, 2017
Ghostbusters 2 is dull, mean-spirited, and not very funny. While it has solid visual effects it isn't enough to save this movie.
May 29, 2017
What do you get when you take a creative and hilariously fun comedy and just bite a chunk out of it, consume it, puke it back up, swallow it again, and then crap it out? You get Ghostbusters 2, a Huge let down that is nowhere near as good as the first and is the stereotype of a bad sequel. There is very little humor, the story is almost identical to the last one, and was almost as if it was made only trick you into thinking it was good based off of the success of the first film then just completely rips you off. The only things that actually are worth mentioning are the loveable ghost Slimer and the relationship between Rick Moranis's character and Annie Potts's character. Still, that wasn't enough to save the film from a poor review. I give it 2 stars out of a possible 5.
May 23, 2017
Kind of forgettable and lazy, not a good sequel.
May 7, 2017
This is pretty dull in all honesty.