Ghostbusters 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters 2 Reviews

November 24, 2016
Watched this last night (broadcast TV version) with the kids.
½ November 19, 2016
All you nostalgia nerds need to get real and be honest with yourself. This movie is a pile of garbage with a couple funny Bill Murray moments.
½ November 19, 2016
Almost better than the first!
½ November 8, 2016
Not as good as the original but still funny
November 7, 2016
So Top Critics liked Ghostbusters 3 more than the 2nd chapter. Now I am seriously confused. How in the world this could be?
½ October 31, 2016
It has its moments, but on the whole a disappointment.
½ October 30, 2016
this movie is alright, but I just don't like it that much. the pink slime, the weird artists, and that painting just makes me cringe, and the movie itself is just weird.
October 26, 2016
Still a great film... just could get boring by at times
½ October 19, 2016
tddgdhydebtdswgds

suysnydbvtz$*+=
½ October 18, 2016
Its pretty much the definition of a sequel that simply remakes the original movie instead of trying anything new. It oddly chooses to undo most of the character development and progress from the first movie and start them off at square one so they can go on what's mostly the same adventure but with less wit and less humor. Still the same cast is back and they are still an entertaining bunch so even if it offers nothing new it still offers more of what worked
October 16, 2016
Ghostbusters 2 is ok. This film's biggest failure is that it couldn't capture the spirit of the original film. Iff you want to watch a good Ghostbusters film then watch the first or the reboot.
October 3, 2016
I love the scenes with Bill Murray and the baby. That's what makes this whole stupid movie worth it. Actually, I just wish they'd made the whole movie Bill Murray and a baby. Forget ghosts and all that stuff.
½ October 2, 2016
Good enough for a follow up....SOMDVD
September 12, 2016
A sad follow up to a great movie. The amazing cast can't save this movie from it's own forgettable plot.
½ September 10, 2016
Bastante mala. La recordaba algo mejor
½ September 4, 2016
OMG one of the very worst movies I have ever seen!! Nothing at all is good about this movie, avoid at all costs!!!!
½ August 29, 2016
This movie is horrible. If I could give it a lower rating I would have.
August 28, 2016
I enjoyed the reboot of Ghostbusters. It was fun to recall seeing the original 30 years (!) ago. My wife and I had seen it in the theatre shortly before I departed for studies in Austria, where I saw it in German! The audience in the U.S. laughed uproariously when the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man emerged as the Ghostbusters' nemesis (a unique mix of pathos and humor); the Austrian audience was dumbfounded at the translation: "Mein liebster Marshmallow-Mann" (as I recall - "My Favorite Marshmallow-Man"). There was no such moment for me in the 2016 version, but I did exclaim and jump in my seat as the first ghost in the movie spewed 3D projectile slime into my lap. There were a few too many "I got this" and "Let's do this" proclamations (script, anyone?), but I soon warmed to this all-female ghost busting team and their loony secretary, Kevin. Lacking were the truly scary moments (provided by Sigourney Weaver in the original) to stand in contrast to the campy humor, but I did enjoy the natural and supernatural cameos from the old cast. A congenial, feel-good night out at the movies, with a heapin' helpin' of nostalgia for those of us old enough to have lived the release of the original. Recommended.
August 22, 2016
This movie gets a lot of hate (especially when it was first released) and while it is not quite as good as the original, I still was able to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. As long as I am having fun with it, I can't give it too much of a hard time.
August 19, 2016
While it may not be as enjoyable to watch as the original 1984 Ghostbusters film, it is still an enjoyable comedy flick. It does sort of rehash the original plot, but it is still entertaining to watch.