Ghostbusters 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters 2 Reviews

July 20, 2017
This is a very well done sequel and not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
½ June 17, 2017
Ghostbusters 2 is dull, mean-spirited, and not very funny. While it has solid visual effects it isn't enough to save this movie.
May 29, 2017
What do you get when you take a creative and hilariously fun comedy and just bite a chunk out of it, consume it, puke it back up, swallow it again, and then crap it out? You get Ghostbusters 2, a Huge let down that is nowhere near as good as the first and is the stereotype of a bad sequel. There is very little humor, the story is almost identical to the last one, and was almost as if it was made only trick you into thinking it was good based off of the success of the first film then just completely rips you off. The only things that actually are worth mentioning are the loveable ghost Slimer and the relationship between Rick Moranis's character and Annie Potts's character. Still, that wasn't enough to save the film from a poor review. I give it 2 stars out of a possible 5.
May 23, 2017
Kind of forgettable and lazy, not a good sequel.
May 7, 2017
This is pretty dull in all honesty.
½ May 2, 2017
Although this sequel wasn't as good as the first movie, it was still a fairly interesting watch, despite the fact that I got a bit bored during some portions of the movie. That's why I'm rating this 5/10!
May 1, 2017
Didn't find it very entertaining.
April 29, 2017
I love this movie!! Better than the first!
April 25, 2017
This Movie Turned 25 Years Old In 2014 When 2010 Was 4 Years Old.
½ April 24, 2017
Marginally better than the first thanks to Rick Moranis. But did the producers need free babysitting or something?
April 8, 2017
This sucked ass. I had to turn it off after the scene in the university President's office. It was just bad.
½ March 22, 2017
I personally really enjoyed this movie. It might not live up to the original but it has the heart and soul.
March 20, 2017
Not as good as the first, but a classic in it's own right. One of the better sequels ever made.
March 9, 2017
Breaking into the double feature Blu-ray set, I gave the original a revisit, then came back to the sequel for what must honestly be the second time since I originally watched these films, and I must say, it's a very middling affair. I have seen numerous heated debates online about the quality of this one, and I have to say, it's not as Gawdawful as some would make it out to be, but it comes nowhere near the original film either.

Worth a rental.
March 7, 2017
Still a underrated classic!!
½ February 26, 2017
Ghostbusters 2
Great character development in this movie is not a myth
½ February 5, 2017
This film was good as well it was kind of the same as the original but I still like it like the Statue of Liberty huh FUNNY!
January 29, 2017
A cuestas de ser tan buena como su predecesora, falla al no tener algo interesante que ofrecer.

El atractivo de los protagonistas (su encanto propio y sus características individuales) sigue ahí, pero es minimizado por la falta de ingenio puesto en la película que hace que se sienta totalmente innecesaria. Se fuerzan en modificar los elementos que daban encanto a la primera haciéndolos planos o incluso dejarlos.

El soundtrack es remplazado por uno sin gracia ni emoción, el villano no es interesante o imponente, los papeles secundarios casi perdieron toda su carisma, etc .Sus ideas, aunque interesantes son dejadas a medias, sin el encanto o la emoción que debían ofrecer.

GHOSTBUSTERS 2 (1989) "Es simplemente olvidable, con algo vagamente divertido que dar pero no meritorio o sobresaliente como secuela de un gran clásico"
½ December 30, 2016
When I was a kid I loved this as much as the original. I had no idea it bombed until many years later. I can see some of the problems where as it isn't as funny, has a lot of kiddy humor and it is largely a rehash of the first film.

Where it works, the villain of Vigo the Carpathian is great. I like that they spent a lot more time on Vigo than they did on Gozer. We never really saw much of Gozer and in comparison, we learned a lot more about Vigo. In some ways too especially as a kid, there was something a little more scary about this one especially with the element of the "mood" slime and how possessing it could be.

Besides that they simply tied it all together with a lot of great sequences. Many memorable lines "So many holes on 1st Avenue, we didn't think anyone would notice." "Sometimes Shit happens you don't know what to do about it and you gotta call" "We're the best, we're the beautiful, we're the only GHOSTBUSTERS!" "Looks like a giant jello mold. I hate jello. Oh cmon there's always room for jello" Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd have some great exchanges with Vigo as well.

I liked it and I still do like it.
December 22, 2016
Easy Review: Not as good as the 1984 version. Better than the 2016 reboot.