G.I. Joe: The Movie Reviews

• May 01, 2020

You know most family shows jump the shark when they introduce some new, cute young kid that wasnt an original cast member? Introducing G.I. Joe the Movie, where we add some "young" Joe's (and hilariously terrible villians) to a truly remarkable afternoon cartoon of the 80's. Just watch the pre-Serpentor seasons instead of this stinker.

• Sep 08, 2019

More competently made than the live-action films with good animation, an unforgettable opening sequence that the rest of the film pales in comparison to and being accessible to fans of the cartoon and newcomers alike. Just be sure to forgive instances of VERY obvious executive meddling (without any context, "He's gone into a coma") and the fact that kids are going to be wanting to get some toys afterwards.

• Mar 15, 2018

There's a reason why no one really remembers this "movie" as it is even more silly than the cheazy cartoon.

• Aug 09, 2017

I didn't grow up with GI Joe, I didn't watch the shows or play with the toys, so I didn't have any nostalgic connection when I saw this. As it is though, its not good, but it is good ole fun 80's cheese and a pretty cool opening. Cobra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

• Mar 23, 2017

Great movie! loved it as a kid, love it as an adult.

Great movie! loved it as a kid, love it as an adult.

• Dec 17, 2015

Despite some serious flaws, this is still a very entertaining movie. Had they presented the film with Duke dying instead of "going into a coma", it would have more impact. Another flaw is the portrayal of racism in the character "Big Lob". Then there's the improbability of certain circumstances, such as a new and inexperienced recruit being left in charge of security. Still, the commentary by Buzz Dixon is worth owning the dvd for, and despite the flaws in the film, it's enjoyable to watch.

• Sep 23, 2014

Campy, cheesy, and featuring everything else that the show featured GI Joe the movie is a perfect movie for fans of the show, but for no one else unfortunately

• Jun 18, 2014

Loses a star for that Cobra-La nonsense, but, still a good flick. And most importantly Cobra Commander is voiced by the only man who can do it, Chris Latta.

• Apr 17, 2014

nothing beats the classics. this still ranks as number one in my book.

nothing beats the classics. this still ranks as number one in my book.

• Jan 12, 2014

It's an 80s feature length cartoon based off of a toy-line, so you know what to expect. It's fun enough and makes for a good nostalgia trip.