The Girl Who Spelled Freedom Reviews

• Feb 10, 2020

I remember this movie from growing up and it is one that has stuck with me for over 30 years. It was not just educational, but brought to light a very real struggle and touched the heart.

• Jan 31, 2009

one of my favorite movies growing up should see if i still have it somewhere around the house

• Aug 12, 2008

This movie is about a girl I grew up with, Linn Yann! I remember being interviewed on the news about it. I was young, at least a couple of years younger than the year of the movie's release.

• Jul 29, 2008

I loved this movie so much growing up. It truley proves in America all things are possible. I felt sorry for the daughter but i think she understood why her parents couldn't always be there for her.

• Jul 25, 2008

I want this movie sooo bad!It was a favorite of me and my sister growing up.I have not seen it since I was like 8.I remember the family hiding food in there bed cause they thought there would be a shortness of food.And the boy wanting all the pineapples at the store.And the girl looking down the sink for her ring.Wish with all my heart to see this movie again one day.

• Jan 24, 2008

This was a very good film. I got Flixster to put it on the database a couple of days ago. Maybe some of you remeber seeing it, it was on tv ...the disney channel and I believe abc. I remember seeing this film when I was young, and some of the scenes are still etched in my head. It was nominated for a emmy or two. Hopefully it will be on DVD soon. Very inspirational and a true story. Let me know if you have seen this film and what you think.

• Jul 25, 2005

INSPIRING STORY, BASED ON FACT. IT JUST CAN'T QUITE OVERCOME IT'S MADE FOR TELEVISION LOOK AND FEEL, BUT IT DID HOLD MY INTEREST.