Glass Trap Reviews

• May 02, 2020

Glass Trap is a throwback to the old radioactive monster B-movies of the '50s. For the most part it does suspense right, and it balances humor with horror. The skeletons and ant-mangled bodies were cool, along with some of the other practical effects. Other times it looked too cartoony. The jokes were similarly unbalanced, with some genuine laughs, but many scoffs. My main complaint about the movie is that it promised larger ants than it delivered. The ants are a few feet long, larger than the typical ant, for sure, but the radiation supposedly made the ants bigger with each generation, which were sped up as well. There is a giant nest of ant eggs in the basement of the building where most of the action is set, implying there would be exponentially larger ants in the final act. I was let down when the building just gets fumigated and the eggs never hatch. I typically rate movies on a curve relative to other movies of its genre, but also considering overall quality. Glass Trap is entertaining enough for a "bad" movie, so I recommend it to anyone who is inebriated late at night and looking for something to watch and laugh at while shutting down the brain. Side note, I didn't appreciate the depiction of ants in this movie. Most ants are good people. When I was a kid my dad, who is a kooky inventor, accidentally shrunk me and my siblings along with the neighbor kids with his experimental ray gun, and we got lost in the yard. We befriended a gigantic ant, which carried us back to the house. I wrote a screenplay about the experience, but it ended up infringing on a movie from 1989.

• May 24, 2012

Makes EMPIRE OF THE ANTS look like genius

Makes EMPIRE OF THE ANTS look like genius

• Oct 23, 2010

Unfortunately for the victims in the ''Glass Trap,'' C. Thomas Howell was fresh out of cans of rubber raid.

• Jul 09, 2010

• Jul 09, 2010

41/100. Delightfully preposterous, thank goodness the filmmakers had the sense to make it tongue in cheek. Stella Stevens is a hoot, she and the rest of the cast seem to have a good time making it. The plot is ridiculous, the special effects are poor but it is all done in such a fun, good natured way, it has some entertainment value.

• Jan 13, 2009

A typical crazy sci-fi channel movie. Big, ugly, gigantic ants were so unrealistic looking it was funny.

• Oct 31, 2008

Jesus, how can a movie be this shitty? I didn't think it was possible until today!

• Oct 20, 2008

If you're going to watch one 21st century mutant, killer fire-ant movie this should be the one. It's a searing vision of the state of migrant farming today.

• Apr 21, 2008

EVERYTHING about this movie is terrible and for this kind of movie (giant insects attacking people in a large apartment block) it was very slow,perhaps it should of been about snails instead of ants?

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Feb 07, 2008

This Movie Wasn't all that bad. I've seen worst. Its Giant Ants that are eatting people. Funny how Old School Black and White Horror is always better. But still this film is worth a rainy night. Horror with Comedy. The Swat team is the big Laugh. The Ants look like Roaches to me.