God's Pocket Reviews

• Apr 25, 2018

Some actors that I really like but the movie wasn't much to write home about. it was ok.

• Feb 18, 2018

good actors in a waste of a movie. horrible script & direction.

good actors in a waste of a movie. horrible script & direction.

• Dec 01, 2017

Truely a bad movie. Great people absolutely ruined in a terrible movie on all fronts.

• Jan 14, 2017

Dark but good plot and acting. I liked it.

Dark but good plot and acting. I liked it.

• Dec 12, 2016

I just like this type of movie. Gritty, gruesome and funny in equal measure. Lots of quality actors involved and performing at their best

• Dec 10, 2016

Let's just put it this way. This movie had a log way to go before it saw the light. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was fantastic. He depressed the hell out of me, but he was seriously really good. The movie is sad. I continuously pictured Hoffman exactly like his character when he passed away. It's hard to glass full it when you're dragging that thought for and hour and a half. It was an interesting film but went no where. Not even a little bit. If I had to say something good about this film, besides the actors, it would be this film killed every single character that you wanted them to die. The film is not worth your time. Even if you are retired and living in Florida. Good watching!

• Dec 06, 2016

Solid drama surrounding the death of a son in a working class area. It's not as drab as that sounds, with some black humour thrown in from time to time.

• Jul 25, 2016

Great acting, mediocre plot, overall a decent but not great movie

Great acting, mediocre plot, overall a decent but not great movie

• Apr 28, 2016

Really enjoyed this. Wasn't ready for it to end. Slattery lets the brilliant cast have at it. PSH is great as always. Jenkins provides some good sleeze. Eddie Marsan is hilarious. God's Pocket has difficulty selling the drama, but overall it worked for me.

• Apr 27, 2016

Cast of truly unlikeable characters make this difficult to really like but it has very strong actors in the roles and a grunge realism that is created perfectly by director Slattery. Portrays ambiguity of people. More comedic touches would have helped - a sweet-as-pie deadly sharp-shooting florist, a truckload of meat that can't be given away, a body that doesn't stay still, etc. in any other movie would have been comedy gold. Short at 1 hr 20 mins.