A Good Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Good Year Reviews

November 15, 2016
Beautiful people, beautiful places, and a love story, so it's definitely my type of film !
October 21, 2016
The side story of Best Friend and his cousin has way more chemistry and growth for interest.
½ October 7, 2016
Beautiful and romantic, but a bit much at times. Made me want to inherit such an estate.
½ September 25, 2016
I really enjoyed watching it.
July 11, 2016
Really sweet..I don't like sweet wine.
July 10, 2016
How this movie received a bad score on rotten tomatoes is beyond me... I LOVE this movie, and have watched it several times. I'm sure I'll watch it several more.
June 2, 2016
Don't listen to the critics! They're jaded! This is a terrific film, full of character, charm and humour. The music and acting are great, and the setting is wonderfully evocative, enriched by scenes of his memories. A great Euro romcom.
May 1, 2016
Goofy and charming. While nowhere near one of Scott's masterpieces, it's a fun anomaly in his filmography.
March 26, 2016
Soft, kind, light... A Good Year it's a perfect movie for spending a very nice time for the less-demanding people; and although we go deeply, and see that sometimes the script is not the best; we'll have a great time watching it
March 13, 2016
I had no idea Russell Crowe had made a version of A Year in Provence until a friend with a vineyard posted a link. As I had really enjoyed the book (and Gladiator) I thought I had better rectify that & watch it. What a nice film!
½ February 15, 2016
Alluring location in southern France, making dreams come alive. By the way, all flaws become less evident in dreams. Russel Crowe's presence seems to be the result of bad casting.
January 23, 2016
A bad script combined with poor directing does not make a good movie. This movie is unnecessarily bad.
January 12, 2016
A Good Year is not a special movie at all, but it still has a little charm and humor to it. Russell Crowe is a fine actor and manages to pick this movie a little bit off of the ground.
½ January 1, 2016
Only watched this because my brother keeps going on about the girl in this. I know exactly which one
December 31, 2015
If it wasn't for the title or the movie poster I probably would have seen this movie sooner.
It's a good storyline and an okay movie. I never felt the urge to turn it off, but there's still something missing. There needs to be something more to keep me really hooked to the screen. Even if I didn't feel the urge to turn it off I wouldn't really say that I was hooked.
I needed more backstory between Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard, so I could believe in their chemistry more. Which I didn't, now.
November 27, 2015
I think your lacking in charm and humor. It is one of the best movies with their actors perfectly suited to their element. You obviously missed the whole point of the movie and the funny scenes completely!
November 5, 2015
I wonder who the people who left the reviews. The art world is littered and flawed with those who feel the mark is to be righteously and knowledgeably opinionated. This is a well acted film which is well written. It has a feel good factor which the cast do justice to. Honestly 8-9/10. But I suppose if you rate Vin Diesel films you may not like this and will score it differently. Hmmm.
October 9, 2015
UNFORTUNATELY CRITICS ARE LIKE TEACHERS; THOSE WHO CAN DO; THOSE WHO CAN'T TEACH OR CRITICIZE. IT IS CALLED DIRECTING AND ACTING, DUH!!!
JUST BECAUSE RIDLEY AND RUSSELL AREN'T PRODUCING A FILM WITH MACHO MASSACURING AND SLAUGHTERING OF THE CHARACTERS THE CRITICS DECIDED IT IS NOT THEIR FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT. BOO HOO!!!!
June 11, 2015
If they'd only have cast lead actors who were the same age, I'd have no complaints at all. Marion is lovely but a decade too young for the part!
May 30, 2015
A bit cliched, but a good movie none the less.