A Good Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Good Year Reviews

June 17, 2017
boring film a wastte of time
April 13, 2017
Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard were terrific
A really fun story, and thoroughly enjoyable!
½ March 5, 2017
I wanted to like it, but it wasn't good. Two and a half stars for being set in France and for Albert Finney in the flashback sequences, everything else was shit.
February 26, 2017
People do not seem to understand this movie. Yes it is a romantic story with a bit of comedy but it is more about the revelations of a man, Max Skinner, that lead him back to a wonderful life that he once shared with his uncle Henry during his summer visits to his French chalet and winery. Russell Crowe plays this pert beautifully. Don't expect the Gladiator or Robin Hood in this character but a very well played modern character that does show a keen since of humor. A very good story set and filmed in Provence, France.
January 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this charming movie. It was also great to see Russell Crowe in such a different role, and I thought he caught the spirit of the character very well. It was also great to see Ridley Scott's own property in France!
November 15, 2016
Beautiful people, beautiful places, and a love story, so it's definitely my type of film !
October 21, 2016
The side story of Best Friend and his cousin has way more chemistry and growth for interest.
½ October 7, 2016
Beautiful and romantic, but a bit much at times. Made me want to inherit such an estate.
½ September 25, 2016
I really enjoyed watching it.
July 11, 2016
Really sweet..I don't like sweet wine.
July 10, 2016
How this movie received a bad score on rotten tomatoes is beyond me... I LOVE this movie, and have watched it several times. I'm sure I'll watch it several more.
June 2, 2016
Don't listen to the critics! They're jaded! This is a terrific film, full of character, charm and humour. The music and acting are great, and the setting is wonderfully evocative, enriched by scenes of his memories. A great Euro romcom.
May 1, 2016
Goofy and charming. While nowhere near one of Scott's masterpieces, it's a fun anomaly in his filmography.
March 26, 2016
Soft, kind, light... A Good Year it's a perfect movie for spending a very nice time for the less-demanding people; and although we go deeply, and see that sometimes the script is not the best; we'll have a great time watching it
March 13, 2016
I had no idea Russell Crowe had made a version of A Year in Provence until a friend with a vineyard posted a link. As I had really enjoyed the book (and Gladiator) I thought I had better rectify that & watch it. What a nice film!
½ February 15, 2016
Alluring location in southern France, making dreams come alive. By the way, all flaws become less evident in dreams. Russel Crowe's presence seems to be the result of bad casting.
January 23, 2016
A bad script combined with poor directing does not make a good movie. This movie is unnecessarily bad.
January 12, 2016
A Good Year is not a special movie at all, but it still has a little charm and humor to it. Russell Crowe is a fine actor and manages to pick this movie a little bit off of the ground.
½ January 1, 2016
Only watched this because my brother keeps going on about the girl in this. I know exactly which one